What book are you currently reading?

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Haunted Air by F. Paul Wilson.

One of my favorite genre writers. If you're a fan of the 'Repairman Jack' books, you won't be disappointed.

Cthulhu

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I am currently reading:

The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula LeGuin
Life on the Mississippi - Mark Twain
Archeology of Weapons - Ewart Oakenshott

The next on my list is to reread the last Robert Jordan book, so I have a clue where the plots are when the new book comes out next month. This series is sort of becoming a love-hate thing with me....

Lamont

OP
T

TkdWarrior

currenty stuck with 8086 architechture n Unix...
gotta xam on 19th n 20th of dec :(
-TkdWarrior-

OP
L

Little_Shoto

Moving Zen - C.W. Nichols ( I have one more chapter to go ...great book!)

Fellowship of the Rings (was cleaning out the basement this weekend and came across my old copy of it)

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by arnisador
I want to read that to my daughter! We have the DVD and we all enjoy the movie.

Just finished it and I liked it a lot. Can't remember all of the movie but the book is a *tad* darker towards the end.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elfan
Just finished it and I liked it a lot. Can't remember all of the movie but the book is a *tad* darker towards the end.

Too much for an 8 year old?

OP
T

Tony Starks

I just finished "Theory of the Leisure Class" by Thorstein Veblen, its a good book that was written in the 1900s and many of the economic theorys he wrote about still hold true to this day

im gunna try to start reading " Hearts of Sorrow" cant remember who wrote it though

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Half-assed reading Tolkien's Silmarillion and slowly making my way through the Dreamweaver 3 Bible. I know I'm getting a book on the FMA for Christmas, but I may try sneaking some peaks at it before then.

Also reading various technical documents and reviews on Pentium 4 processors and motherboards. Whee.

Cthulhu

OP
E

Elfan

Originally posted by arnisador
Too much for an 8 year old?

Nah its fine just wanted to mention that it doesn't have the happy fairy tale ending the movie gives it, or well it sorta does... Its kinda werid...

How do you like The Silmarillion Cthulhu?

The first time I tried to read it I didn't get far and didn't like it. The 2nd time I forced myself to finish it and thought it was okay. After reading Beowulf and other "old stuf" in english class I went back and read it again thought it was amazing.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, so far, the Silmarillion isn't exactly an easy first read. Because of what it is, it doesn't flow like the trilogy. I've mainly just read different chapters out of sequence.

Cthulhu

OP
E

Elfan

I know what you mean about not being easy reading. Even a 2nd time through the number of people with almost exactly the same name (all those Fs...) drove me nuts.

Geeky nitpick: The Lord of the Rings is not a trilogy. It is one book, subdivided into 6 sections, custimariliy published in 3 volumes.

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley

Obligatory comparison to that *other* book: 1984 is better.

OP
T

Tony Starks

Brave New World is a great book !! i really enjoyed it, so much that it gave me a better high than soma ever did (just for those who have read the book know what i am talking about)

Aldous also wrote another book that i have yet to read about expiremental drug use, not sure of the name, but, i know it was written in late 60's (possibly)

OP
P

Posiview

Currently reading Darwin by Adrian Desmond and James Moore.

I've been after a good biography on Darwin for some time and found this excellent book.

I enjoy biographies and have read quit a few: JFK, Nixon (one very good one and one very bad one), Bruce, Lee, Hitler, Hess, Geoff Thompson (UK martial artist), Dahmer, Bundy, to name a few.

If anybody can reccommend any good ones, let me know.

Andy

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Elfan, Please give us a reveiw of the book when your finished.

Right now I'm rereading Protecting the gift by Gavin debecker.

Latest Discussions