What benefits do you get from your training?

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
humility, internal power, determination, good posture, courage, co-ordination, agility, calmness, the principles of yin and yang, respect and manners, a good demenour, dilligence, strategy, control over self and others, alertness, commitment, a better understanding of myself, sensitivity, detachment - allowing the mind to act as a referee, consistancy, good health, knowledge, enjoyment, friends and an overall great feeling that probably can't be done justice by a simple list like i have given.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
  1. I haven't seen self-confidence yet, and I feel my training has boosted mine a lot.
  2. Spatial and bodily awareness: I'm more aware of my range of motion and what I'm capable of doing.
  3. Improved quickness and dexterity.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well?

Oh, one catch. No one may make any mention of fighting or self-defence.

I had a recent doctors appointment right after a phone conference call. My blood pressure was high, much higher than normal for me, but I was working on my breathing and pulse which I had got down to 52. The Doctor who practices Aikido, was very impressed that I was able to bring the one down and then hopefully over time bring the other down.

So I believe I have gain lots of benefits. :D

Freestyler777

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I train in Judo, and I would say the best benefits are a fitness activity that I can actually enjoy and stick to, a way of building up my confidence, socialization, achievement, and since I train in NYC, experiencing the thrill of being in the city, when I live all the way out in the sticks of long island.

And I'd like to think that I am embodying the principles of Professor Kano, which itself is my contribution to my fellow man.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Fun, fitness and those lovely, lovely endorphins! :) But also good friends, increased flexibility, an increased awareness of my body and general self-knowledge, not to mention learning about other cultures. And i'm learning to meditate! Wonders will never cease. ;-)

Latest Discussions