What are you hiding in your car?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I decided to hide one of these in my car

wolverine_760_600x450.jpg

At first it seemed like a great idea.... and the car is safe.... no one will go near it... not even me....

mmartist

Green Belt
Reaction score
I carry a baseball bat, a golf stick and an axe. But the axe is in the trunk so if things get out of hand there probably won't be enough time to take it out , however the other two items are usually laying on the backseat .

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
An aluminum little league baseball bat. Small enough to use 1 hand.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't carry anything and haven't needed anything in many, many, years...since I stopped puting myself in places where such an occurance was more likely.

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
A friend of mine always joked that he wanted one of these in the tray of his Landcruiser...

gorilla_loosee.jpg

I myself don't carry any weapons per se. Depending on if I'm driving my van or my car, I have a Stanley knife/box cutter, assorted tools, ropes, tie down straps, jumper cables, extra water, zip ties and that's about it really. I have roadside assistance on both my cars so if I do break down and it's not something basic, I ring them and they come straight out 24/7. In terms of violent encounters, carrying a weapon would probably get me into a lot more trouble over here than it's worth!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't carry anything and haven't needed anything in many, many, years...since I stopped puting myself in places where such an occurance was more likely.

Yes! Exactly! I do not carry anything in my car either.. except there is a broken cd that I might just use as a shuriken in a ninja attack emergency.. I just like LOCK MY DOORS? then nobody can do nothing.. I think it is simple unless I am missing something? :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know this thread is serious, yet I could not resist seeing a post above.

Enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know this thread is serious, yet I could not resist seeing a post above.

Enjoy:

Great minds think alike, Rich! I was going to put a TM video up, too!

Honestly, I usually have a baston of some type floating around in my van. As of late, I've been taking the new Chinese red oak walking stick (Hanbo) that I made along for the ride. I've also been taking it on walks/runs... for the random stray dog, of course! :ultracool

Last edited by a moderator:

SnyderD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As referred to above, I, too, try to stay out of the places where the potential for problems is higher. Does that mean problems won't come in "nice" places? No. They can come anywhere. It just means that you're less likely to need a weapon to stabilize an issue in places not prone to said issues. And, as always, it is wise to be prepared to handle situations with your words, first. Most martial artists will tell you they've been in less physical confrontations since they began to study the arts.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As referred to above, I, too, try to stay out of the places where the potential for problems is higher. Does that mean problems won't come in "nice" places? No. They can come anywhere. It just means that you're less likely to need a weapon to stabilize an issue in places not prone to said issues. And, as always, it is wise to be prepared to handle situations with your words, first. Most martial artists will tell you they've been in less physical confrontations since they began to study the arts.

Very well said. "The budo is for giving life, not taking it"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've thoguht about what you said Snyder, before making the decision not to carry a weapon in my car. The thing is, I'd be more likely to get stopped by an officer for a traffic violation then having to explain the weapon in my car than I would having to actually need a weapon. I've actually had this happen when transporting a pair of kama to a class. Fortunately the officer was a martial artist and understood. He let me go without a ticket, but not before giving me a bunch of crap about carrying weapons anywhere but the trunk. I guess for me, the potential pay of for carrying a weapon is outwieghed by the potential cost of carrying one, and that is without any altercation happening.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I pretty much always have my glock with me. I have a set holster that I typically transfer it to to make it easier to grab in case I need it ASAP. In the car itself I keep some tools for emergencies, such as a folding shovel, hammer, screwdriver etc. I also keep a GHb (Get Home Bag) for emergencies. In it, I include a couple fixed blade knives, extra ammo for the glock, first aid kit, general survival stuff. In winter it gets a set of wool long johns and wool socks in case I have to hoof it. Not much besides the glock is easy to access quickly if I'm in the car.

Latest Discussions