What are the little green square LEDs?

E

Erik

These can be found below "Art and Rank" in the right corner of a post. When I hover the cursor over it I get an amusing message.

Some are lighter (illuminated?) green and some are darker (unilluminated?).

What are these?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are reputation points. You get 10 when you join and it will give you a green square. You are in the green meaning good. Check out your user CP occasionally and you will see points being given for posts that others like conversely negative points for those others don't like. When you get to 50 posts you can give a rep point to others. But if you are in the red or too new (under 50), your rep points won't affect anyone. They will show as blue/grayish on their list. There are threads about reputation points for stuff I haven't remembered. That little scale is the window to give rep points in and its in each ones' posts. Each one of those green squares counts 100 points after the first one. Happy posting! TW

OP
E

Erik

Thanks folks.

I still don't understand the difference between "lit" green and "unlit" green, though.

(I'm blonde....)

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
methinks he means the darker green are unlit and the lighter green are lit.. :idunno:

I think they are eyes that can @@ what we are doing.. yeah that's the ticket..

*hiding*

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe the light green ones are more points, otherwise some[/] people we know would have a rather large snake of green thingys. Or maybe they just like to make pretty colors. :idunno: I guess we will find out when we get there. (just like in martial arts!) hmmm TW

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Green is a flavorite color of mines, can I get a bunch? ...Aloha from the green state.

chi-ca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Those are reputation points. You get 10 when you join and it will give you a green square. You are in the green meaning good. Check out your user CP occasionally and you will see points being given for posts that others like conversely negative points for those others don't like...
Ok... I looked at the User CP and saw nothing at all about my reputation points. Is there some alternate reputation page that gives scores (and explanations) or is the User CP blank because I've only got the basic 10 points?

Chi-ca

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Green is a flavorite color of mines, can I get a bunch? ...Aloha from the green state.
More cause it is your favorite color? :p I got that beat by a long shot :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chi-ca, if you check your UserCP again, you'll see the "sample" I added. If someone reps you, you'll see 3 possible colors. Green (+), Red (-), Grey (0). You'll also see any comments they may leave, and their name IF! they add it.

The points vary based on a complex formula that includes how long you've been here, your current rep, post count, etc.

:)

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
chi-ca said:
Ok... I looked at the User CP and saw nothing at all about my reputation points. Is there some alternate reputation page that gives scores (and explanations) or is the User CP blank because I've only got the basic 10 points?

Chi-ca
It may be minimized and not be expanded. Under "Subscribed Threads" is "Latest Reputation Received". Click the little arrow if it is pointing down and this should expand your Rep Points. I am giving you some now for asking the question.

Good Job,
-Michael

chi-ca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Kaith & Michael,
I guess it was blank before because there were no comments one way or the other. Thanks for clearing that up for me (and for the points!).
Chi-ca

Latest Discussions