Westboro Baptist Church - You know you suck when...

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
...you make the KKK look good by contrast.

A crew of alleged Ku Klux Klan members counter-protested followers of a controversial Kansas church before the U.S. Memorial Day service with President Barack Obama.

The white supremacist group, who call themselves Knights of the Southern Cross, said they were at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia on Monday to protest the anti-military message of Westboro Baptist Church.

Seriously, when other notorious hate groups start saying "Whoa, man, that's over the line!" you know you're a real douchebag.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
...you make the KKK look good by contrast.

Seriously, when other notorious hate groups start saying "Whoa, man, that's over the line!" you know you're a real douchebag.

You have a point :)

The Westboro Baptist Church announced they were going to Joplin to do thier normal hate mongering. Only one hatemonger showed up at the specific time and he was met by many, many, Hells Angels. The Hells Angels aren't exactly beacons of pacifly counter-protesting and the Westboro Baptist fellow had to seek the protection of the local law enforcement...who were obviously not busy with anything else since the tornado. In my head I know the guy has a right to protest and he should not be threatened for it. It my heart, I kinda wish that he recieved a more physical lesson on using the pain and suffering of others to advance his own warped hate agenda.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"here's your sign"

:D :D

god_hates_signs.jpg

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this thinking this thread was in the Study section of Martialtalk. Sorry, I wouldn't have picked this thread if I had realized it was in the rec room. I will repost it on a Study linked thread, and perhaps a nice moderator can erase this one. Sorry again, I always try to seperate the study from the other side of martialtalk.

I only post on this thread on westboro because it was the first one to come up, although there are several on this group. I am trying to finish up Ann Coulter's latest book, Demonic, and I came across a mention of Fred Phelps, the leader of the Westboro baptist church, and I have to say, I wasn't surprised at what I read. I then went to wikipedia to at least check another source, since the info. came from Ann Coulter the critics would immediatly jump on it, to verify what Ann pointed out... Here it is...

Democratic Party
Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[SUP][33][/SUP] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[SUP][34][/SUP] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[SUP][35][/SUP][SUP][36][/SUP] and 1997.[SUP][37][/SUP]
Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[SUP][38][/SUP] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm".[SUP][39][/SUP] Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[SUP][40][/SUP] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[SUP][4][/SUP] Gore spokesman Dag Vega declined to comment, saying "We are not dignifying those stories with a response."[SUP][41][/SUP]
Opposition to Al Gore, Bill Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton

During the 1992 presidential campaign, Phelps criticized Hillary Rodham Clinton during a speech he gave endorsing Bill Clinton's presidential campaign at the University of Kansas on October 14, 1992. In 1996 Phelps and the Westboro church opposed Clinton's re-election because of the administration's support for gay rights. The entire Westboro congregation picketed a 1997 inaugural ball,[SUP][42][/SUP] denouncing Vice President Al Gore as a "famous fag pimp".[SUP][43][/SUP] In 1998, Westboro picketed the funeral of Gore's father, screaming vulgarities at Gore and telling him, "your dad's in Hell".[SUP][43][/SUP]

Why is it never mentioned in any of the reporting that Fred Phelps is a democrat? People always assume he must be a right wing republican which is not the case. hmmmm...

Last edited:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yay! More attacking from Billi!

As for Phelps, he was also a staunch lawyer for anti-discrimination in the 60's and early 70's. Yep, that's right, ANTI-discrimination. That is never mentioned either. I guess for Pelps, its okay to be a person of color, as long as you are Christian and aren't gay.

Latest Discussions