Well I start Tuesday....

Coker101

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm excited...start with a private session next Tuesday. First time I have trained in years....hope it doesn't hurt too bad. :)

Got my gi and paid my dues....woot.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how it went and how you liked it.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Returning from a hiatus in training is usually a humbling (and frequently pain-inducing :) ) experience. Glad to hear you made it back to the mats (a lot of people never do). Please keep us updated.

OP
C

Coker101

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It was rough...

Legs are total jello from getting up and down repeatedly. Shoulder hurts from doing a total suck roll on my left side....right side was really decent.

Liked the instructor and the other students were nice enough. It was a 2 hours class for me...1 hour with just me and the instructor going through falls and then the next hour with the regular class.

Looking forward to going back and learning.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
My sensei always said rolling was a 20 year technique. So keep practicing and don't forget....RICE!

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm excited...start with a private session next Tuesday. First time I have trained in years....hope it doesn't hurt too bad. :)

Got my gi and paid my dues....woot.

at our school - fees for classes are called tuition and dues are what you pay out on the floor! ;)

Keep it up! :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The journey begins. :)

Good luck and enjoy the ride.
:asian:

OP
C

Coker101

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I can not even begin to tell you guys how sore I am from Tuesday's class. I mean I work out in a gym a couple times a week and this is on a whole new level. My legs, abs, shoulders and hip/butt muscles are so freaking sore it's ridiculous. Missed class tonight because of it but I'll be in Saturday's class.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can not even begin to tell you guys how sore I am from Tuesday's class. I mean I work out in a gym a couple times a week and this is on a whole new level. My legs, abs, shoulders and hip/butt muscles are so freaking sore it's ridiculous. Missed class tonight because of it but I'll be in Saturday's class.

I know the feeling. When I studied Hapkido in Korea, I was in my 40s. I was always pushing on my stretching, and got where I could do more than some of the younger guys. But I paid for it; I would be somewhere and decide to move to do something. Immediately I would evaluate the need against the pain I knew I would feel as soon as I started to move. :eek:

Spinedoc

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I know the feeling. When I studied Hapkido in Korea, I was in my 40s. I was always pushing on my stretching, and got where I could do more than some of the younger guys. But I paid for it; I would be somewhere and decide to move to do something. Immediately I would evaluate the need against the pain I knew I would feel as soon as I started to move. :eek:

Yep, we did a breakfalling exercise last night in Aikido....feeling it today. That being said, it's not a horrible pain, rather a stiffness/achiness/soreness.....Great class. Weapons class tomorrow am.

OP
C

Coker101

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yep, we did a breakfalling exercise last night in Aikido....feeling it today. That being said, it's not a horrible pain, rather a stiffness/achiness/soreness.....Great class. Weapons class tomorrow am.

I'm still really sore from Tuesday....how sad is that? Legs and abs anyway...

I'm going to class tomorrow though.

Latest Discussions