Weight Training

InvisibleShadow

White Belt
Reaction score
What is your weight training routine if you have one? I am trying to change up my routine to help with kicking/punching power and speed.

Anyone have any good ideas on what to do or could you share what you do.

Thank you

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Invisible,

I work out 4 to 5 days a week. One day is pure weights.

I do one set for midriff, then one for the upper body, then one for the legs. Usually 10 to 15 reps done 3 times. I then go and do nother midriff exercise, then another upper body, then again the legs. I keep this up for a hour.

Two days a week it's pure martial arts. And the last day is tecnique (hands and feet, with lots of shadow boxing and bag work.)

If for some reason I feel extra friskie, I'll work out one more day doing co-ordination routines.

I never work out more than 1 hour except for the martial arts days. I do the exercise right after work (except Sunday, I did them at 4 PM.)

Deaf

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ive started adding in the 100 burpee workout. Its a "ball buster".

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I only use medicine balls from12-30 lbs. we kick while holding them plus run and punch, it seems to be helping us without building all the bulk.

Last edited:

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just did a "car push" workout today. Took my buddies SUV to an empty lot and took turns pushing and pulling it for time. THAT will give you a stamina/cardio/power workout you would not believe. Not for a beginner though. You need to work up to it.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do weight training three times a week.. Start out with a 15 minute warmup on the elliptical trainer, then go do big heavy compound lifts (squats, deads, bench). I'm working through a 36 week strength training regimen at the moment...it's done wonders for my speed, strength and flexibility.

Once this is done in October, I'm going to switch over and try out the corssfit workouts for awhile and see if I can't improve my cardio.

My goal is to get into shape and compete at the TKD nationals next summer (in the old guy division...but i figure I should try it at least onfce before I'm 40).

peace,
Erik

Baby_Huey

White Belt
Reaction score
I do the Dynamic Strength workout by Harry Wong. It's all body weight workout. I do that three times a week and then class and cardio on Tues. and Thur.

Latest Discussions