Weight training

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I do pushups and pull-ups quite often to muscle failure, but I find it hard to reach muscle failure on pushups to the point where I will be sore the next day.
good post .. try adding weight maybe a ruck sack on your back or weight plate. even someone pushing down on your upper back. One legged squats superset with sissy squats.
If you can add weight on sissy squats you are strong.

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
5334-16235cdc9285044c431d7eadecadeb4c.jpg
I also find Parallel bar dips excellent for chest. I am lucky i have some at home but i remember going running & doing them on the way back at a park. They had bars. if you do not have extra weight do super slow reps. first dips then Superset with push ups to failure. all stuff i did before i got a lot of free weights.
I even did push ups hands on two thick books or can do between chairs. just be careful.
I have a chinning, station with dipping bars

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Serge Nubret the French Bodybuilder was one of my favourites. Excellent physique up untill a late age. Parallel bar dips & Barbell pull overs.
OLD SCHOOL BABY

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sergio also did a short range of motion on Bench press.

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No squat rack but a barbell ..do Barbell hack squats. Will blast your quads & Hammies.

barbell-hack-squats.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mike Mentzer got a bit extreme later like 1 workout every two weeks !
I am not a fan of this type of training but some do like it. some seminar videos on youtube. He did write some books, courses.
HEAVY DUTY !

Yeah that really caught on... and it became a little cult-like the way people followed it and argued the philosophy! I understand the logic, but it deviates alot from the sound hypertrophy principles. Progressive load it follows, but sooo infrequent...

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Free weights are great for chest. notice he never brought the Bells together like most do..including myself. However on standing cable flyes he did. peak contraction.

Hahaha ahh the famous Arnie DB fly video, love it! Yeah you lose tension on the muscle bringing it all the way up in flyes, but cable flyes there's still tension at the peak of the exercise. For flyes (and DB bench) I lift juuuust to outside a straight up-and-down arm and contract hard at that point, but I try not to let the pecs lose tension.

OP
stanly stud

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
He was..... verrrrry interesting haha. He was intense, very blunt, and had some very specific ideas... a very very strict trainer, have heard the stories. I don't like all his ideas.. but some are really cool.
Yes me neither. Do you Remember bob kennedy Editor muscle mag int? I spoke twice to him, once about vince & Steve reeves. Told me a Story about vince kicking out clint eatwood & he said clint came back asking to get back in.
Bob kennedy knew him very well. I liked Bob (rip)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes me neither. Do you Remember bob kennedy Editor muscle mag int? I spoke twice to him, once about vince & Steve reeves. Told me a Story about vince kicking out clint eatwood & he said clint came back asking to get back in.
Bob kennedy knew him very well. I liked Bob (rip)
Nah not 100%, name sounds familiar, but ah wow haha

Latest Discussions