Websites

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MartialTalk, because it has a higher signal-to-noise ratio than most sites.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. I like GingerNinjaTrickster's youtube channel.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
So far, this thread speaks of a severe dearth of decent MA websites.

Makes one wonder why - go other places and ask for good sites on almost any subject and you'll get a list as long as your arm...

There are a few sites I use as resources for TKD, but even then I only look at or for specific info.

Why are there not more?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So far, this thread speaks of a severe dearth of decent MA websites.

Makes one wonder why - go other places and ask for good sites on almost any subject and you'll get a list as long as your arm...

There are a few sites I use as resources for TKD, but even then I only look at or for specific info.

Why are there not more?

One thing I've thought of has been a sort of repository of martial arts knowledge. For example, videos and essays (not forums with comments) on different types of strikes and how they fit into different applications or styles.

For example, take a roundhouse kick and go over:
  • How it's used in various arts (i.e. Karate, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, MMA, Capoeira, Kick-Boxing, etc)
  • How to use it in combination with various footwork or with other kicks (i.e. repeated kicks, sliding kicks, jumping kicks, double-kicks, and used to combo into spinning kicks)
  • How to vary your approach for power, speed, or demonstration
This video would have different tags to apply to "striking" or to the various arts. Then you might have more specific videos on the roundhouse kick in each style, or for various applications (i.e. specifically how to do the most powerful roundhouse kick or how to score points in Taekwondo with one).

The problem is one would likely need to have a mastery in several styles to make this, and I don't even have a mastery of one style yet.

OP
Rabbitthekitten

Rabbitthekitten

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One thing I've thought of has been a sort of repository of martial arts knowledge. For example, videos and essays (not forums with comments) on different types of strikes and how they fit into different applications or styles.

For example, take a roundhouse kick and go over:
  • How it's used in various arts (i.e. Karate, Taekwondo, Muay Thai, MMA, Capoeira, Kick-Boxing, etc)
  • How to use it in combination with various footwork or with other kicks (i.e. repeated kicks, sliding kicks, jumping kicks, double-kicks, and used to combo into spinning kicks)
  • How to vary your approach for power, speed, or demonstration
This video would have different tags to apply to "striking" or to the various arts. Then you might have more specific videos on the roundhouse kick in each style, or for various applications (i.e. specifically how to do the most powerful roundhouse kick or how to score points in Taekwondo with one).

The problem is one would likely need to have a mastery in several styles to make this, and I don't even have a mastery of one style yet.

Black Belt Wiki is a bit like this. Although it does have lots of gaps.

Latest Discussions