weapons blow gun and darts what the range

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
weapons blow gun and darts what the range

explain i make blow guns and dart there lot fun but lot of people can't get ide range i shoot at 20 feet still hit target

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that you could probably hit a target at 20-30 feet easily enough. The question would be: why bother? I stick bigger needles in people all the time, and let me assure you that it ain't exactly disabling.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
regular breath ones, or compressed air powered?

Breath I've got crap accuracy. Compressed air, I can hit a man sized target at 50'. That's hit the target. Accuracy, isn't really there.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Up to 20 feet is considered the range for accuracy. Mainly as the darts themselves are very lightweight, and tend to get caught by the wind much beyond that, pulling them off target.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Blacksword, who is it that you are planning on assassinating? You've got a lot of threads on weaponry, it just sounds like you are fishing for the "right" weapon for a certain job...

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
thank you all blow gun are fun man size target is good thought but i shoot at scarform head for practies at key point of the neck and back of neck and side head planning on assassinating no no no i dont brake the law but for surivila is good thank you all i might try 30 feet out side !

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i have over 22 weapons certain job... lololol only when conmy brake down maybe but i see not going to happen surivila only

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you all blow gun are fun man size target is good thought but i shoot at scarform head for practies at key point of the neck and back of neck and side head planning on assassinating no no no i dont brake the law but for surivila is good thank you all i might try 30 feet out side !

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. There is absolutely no way in hell you are going to do any significant injury to anybody by shooting a blowdart into any of these points. Utter nonsense. The only place you have any significant chance of inflicting a significant injury with a blowdart is the eye. Good luck with that.

Hollywood isn't real, Billy. Wake up.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blowguns might work for small game hunting. If you can hit a human head, you might be able to hit a rabbit or squirrel.
For actual use against a person, unless you have a super fast acting poison or sedative, I think it's more an irritant than useful.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blowguns might work for small game hunting. If you can hit a human head, you might be able to hit a rabbit or squirrel.
For actual use against a person, unless you have a super fast acting poison or sedative, I think it's more an irritant than useful.

Please believe me when I say there is no sedative that could be injected in this way that would work that quickly. If there were, we'd be using it instead of risking needle sticks putting IVs in people to sedate them in a reasonable time.
And frankly, I do not think a needle stick is going to be much of a distraction. Sure doesn't seem to distract them when I stick a MUCH larger needle into them...

Best (and I think only practical) use of a blowdart is to shoot small game. Even then, there are certainly better options for catching your dinner.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well thanks but there place in human body that can stund and though the vuries at can caues death like basc of the skull in temple your right about the right but corner the eyes as called gate of eye

Last edited:
OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
how about fugla puff fish poison -- you said size of dart usely use 40 cal and use nail that cut though can's and use hat pins usely biger and carpit needles

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how about fugla puff fish poison

Tetrodotoxin (which is found in virtually ALL pufferfish - would you like to see a picture of me holding a live one without dying?) has an onset of action of at LEAST 10 minutes.

And of course, I'd like to know where you plan to get it from... :rofl:

As I said, Billy, Hollywood isn't real.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well thanks but there place in human body that can stund and though the vuries at can caues death like basc of the skull in temple your right about the right but corner the eyes as caledl gate of eye

People survive with an eye cut out. I had one split once. (VERY! painful btw). But not an insti-kill. Probability of death is minimal, of incapacitation unlikely, of pissing off highly probable.

how about fugla puff fish poison

Fugu toxin isn't easily obtained, and isn't an insti-kill. Cobra venom maybe, or other venomous snakes possibly, but obtaining it, keeping it fresh and potent, delivering it on target in an amount with sufficient strength to inflict damage. Unlikely.

It's fantasy stuff. Historically speaking they weren't used as anti-personnel weapons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowgun

And I used to make them in shop class, and got in deep crap doing it. LOL

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well thanks but there place in human body that can stund and though the vuries at can caues death like basc of the skull in temple your right about the right but corner the eyes as called gate of eye

This is pure fantasy. You are not, under any circumstances, going to disable or kill a human with a blowdart in anything approaching a reasonable time. Your blowdart will never penetrate the human skull. Zero chance. And even if you get lucky and hit their eye, you will not kill them, nor is it likely to disable them. I can promise you that, from personal experience.
All you can really count on doing with a blowdart is pissing them off.
Well, you can count on looking foolish too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
how about fugla puff fish poison -- you said size of dart usely use 40 cal and use nail that cut though can's and use hat pins usely biger and carpit needles

Billy, you truely have no idea what you're talking about. The chances of you inflicting an injury with your toy blowgun that has a significant chance of killing or disabling a human is so close to zero as to make no difference.

Step away from your fantasy and join us in the real world, Billy.

OP
blackswordshinobi

blackswordshinobi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Tetrodotoxin if found in liver of puff fish ---some tiger fish have spin also that have Tetrodotoxin that kill in 10 to 20 sec some snake and spider also poision's there some tribies amozon use blow gun kill monkey's and wild bore use sider poision some asin country use cubra poision's Historically poision in shinobi practies!

i am not trying make any one mad i am in Historically point a veiw only but do practies can happen by caues and effect!

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
People survive with an eye cut out.

Why yes, I'm doing fine, thanks. :)

obra venom maybe, or other venomous snakes possibly, but obtaining it, keeping it fresh and potent, delivering it on target in an amount with sufficient strength to inflict damage. Unlikely.

It's fantasy stuff. Historically speaking they weren't used as anti-personnel weapons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowgun

And I used to make them in shop class, and got in deep crap doing it. LOL

Cobra venom is not really as dangerous as most people think. The dose required to kill an adult human is really quite high. In pure form, you're talking about injecting 5-7ml of venom. That is certainly more than you can smear on the tip of a blowdart. Same thing with rattlesnakes. As a matter of fact, most people bitten by cobras or rattlesnakes will survive just fine without treatment. In the US, only the diamondback and sidewinder will kill an adult human (barring the possibility of allergic reaction, of course). The vastly more common prairie rattler causes a lot of lcoal swelling, and can lead to lose of the limb (due to swelling affecting circulation) but it doesn't kill.

Truthfully, up until the last couple of years (when new antivenoms were introduced) people were often sicker, for longer, from the horse-serum-produced antivenoms.

Last edited:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tetrodotoxin if found in liver of puff fish ---some tiger fish have spin also that have Tetrodotoxin that kill in 10 to 20 sec some snake and spider also poision's there some tribies amozon use blow gun kill monkey's and wild bore use sider poision some asin country use cubra poision's Historically poision in shinobi practies

Billy, spellcheck. Bold words are wrong.

Also, a monkey is quite smaller than a man.
The Ninja's best poison was good old fashioned rust and a fear of tetanus.

Blowguns aren't weapons of war.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tetrodotoxin if found in liver of puff fish

Why yes it is. You got a lot of blowfish there, Billy?

---some tiger fish have spin also that have Tetrodotoxin that kill in 10 to 20 sec some snake and spider also poision's there some tribies amozon use blow gun kill monkey's and wild bore use sider poision some asin country use cubra poision's Historically poision in shinobi practies

:BSmeter:

You're pegging the BS meter Billy.

I'm a diver. The most venomous fish are stonefish. The most common reaction to being stung by one is localized swelling and pain. It can rarely cause systemic symptoms (similar to a really bad case of the flu) and in a very few cases it's been known to cause tachycardia (which is unpleasant but not fatal) and headaches.

Worse than any stonefish is the box jellyfish (which isn't really a fish). The mortality for box jellyfish stings (which, as with cobra bites, involves far more venom than your blowdart) is about 10-15%, if untreated. Nor is that small percentage of deaths going to occur in a timeframe that would make this a practical attack.

This is the real world, Billy. Not some Hollywood ninja fantasy.