Weapon/Tool Development/Anthropology... Formerly Blocking useless?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why are you willing to discuss other religions but not paganism?
Because the topic jumped from stone axes vs metal axes, to Native Americans were in the Stone age, there wasn't a copper age, to the Americas weren't Isolated, to native Americans weren't advanced, to the library of Alexandria, to the destruction of the library, to religion and the destruction of knowledge and then somewhere along the way the topic of bison and beasts of burden were added, and now the topic of witches?

I don't have problems discussing a topic but I prefer for it to stay on track and not jump to 15 million different things. If you want to talk about witch craft then go ahead and talk about it in a separate post and I may or may not have something to say about it. But I tire of the topic jumping. Side track by one or 2 topics is just too much.

I've known people who have done witchcraft, I know a little bit about the history of it. But being that it's a religion eventually it'll get to the point were people will believe what they want. As long as it stays on topic and in a separate thread I don't have any problems talking about it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This thread was created as a split from another thread after major thread drift. Please try to stay on topic, folks.

jks9199
Administrator
Exactly

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't have problems discussing a topic but I prefer for it to stay on track and not jump to 15 million different things. If you want to talk about witch craft then go ahead and talk about it in a separate post and I may or may not have something to say about it. But I tire of the topic jumping

According to the new title, all of that is on topic ;)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
According to the new title, all of that is on topic ;)
lol. yeah I just realized the change in the topic. Anthropology is very general, but I'm assuming that it's in the context of Weapon and tool development and not religion. And I don't know any religion based weapons.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? All the witches I know identify themselves as pagans.
But I'm sure you know more about it than they do.
Apparently.

Calling yourself a thing does not magically impart knowledge of that thing. I've met many a Christian that doesn't know a thing about the Bible, and the 'pagan' community have more than their share of such people.

All that aside, these words have wildly different definitions.
Paganism - Wikipedia

Witchcraft - Wikipedia

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently.

Calling yourself a thing does not magically impart knowledge of that thing. I've met many a Christian that doesn't know a thing about the Bible, and the 'pagan' community have more than their share of such people.

Paganism - Wikipedia

Witchcraft - Wikipedia

Well, since you like Wikipedia so much...
"Wicca (English: /ˈwɪkə/), also termed Pagan Witchcraft, is a contemporary Pagan new religious movement. "

Wicca - Wikipedia

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol. yeah I just realized the change in the topic. Anthropology is very general, but I'm assuming that it's in the context of Weapon and tool development and not religion. And I don't know any religion based weapons.
what about being stabbed with a crucifix

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Apparently.

Paganism - Wikipedia

Witchcraft - Wikipedia
.according to the,church of England being a Christian requires 4 attendances' at church in a year, no requirement to know the first thing about the bible

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that only works if the vampire was a Christian before they were turned.

For use against non vampires, a crucifix works well as a bludgeon.

Source: I once hit my head on a crucifix and it hurt.

It was a stone one though, maybe the christians who painstakingly carved it were too lazy to cast up an iron one...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
i just manage to scrape in, I'm not convinced about god, but its better to be on the safe side , with eternal damnation at,stake

I'll take the risk - it can't be any worse than working in an office and I survived doing that for a while.

If I change my mind, I can always just ask the gatekeeper to forgive me ;)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Really? All the witches I know identify themselves as pagans.
But I'm sure you know more about it than they do.
Sorry Dirty Dog, if you read my previous comment.. I responded to the wrong comment.. I took some benedryll so I'm way off at the moment. half way asleep

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The ones you knew identified themselves as pagans. The ones I knew identified themselves as witches, Wiccans, or Wicca. I don't know what to say beyond that. I'm not Wiccan or Pagan. I can only tell you what the ones I knew called themselves.
well it depends , pagan in its original sence is any religion not based on Abraham, particulary those with multiple gods. So in that sense witch craft is most definetly pagan

Latest Discussions