Weapon of Choice...Knife?

Wes Tasker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa-

Ahhhhh..........the music. When I first attended one of Tuhon's seminars I thought it was great that we were warming up to Conan and Gladiator soundtrack music. The only problem is when it gets late in the day and he switches CD's and your exhausted (both mentally and physically) and the hawaiin music starts........

hardheadjarhead-

Regarding what gun, caliber etc...... That's one of the great things about Tuhon Bill. He's very well versed on handgun use - being a court officer and a law-enforcement trainer in firearms etc.

-wes tasker

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ahhhhh..........the music. When I first attended one of Tuhon's seminars I thought it was great that we were warming up to Conan and Gladiator soundtrack music. The only problem is when it gets late in the day and he switches CD's and your exhausted (both mentally and physically) and the hawaiin music starts........

Time for the "Flight of the Valkyries..."

Best,

Steve

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Regarding what gun, caliber etc...... That's one of the great things about Tuhon Bill. He's very well versed on handgun use - being a court officer and a law-enforcement trainer in firearms etc.

I'm sure he is.

I was only pointing out another area of conflict in the agonistic arts that keeps popping up from time to time. People argue this point with almost religious passion.

As far as music, how about "The Bridge at Khazad-Dum" from the first LOTR movie?

Regards

Steve

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by lhommedieu
Page 3.

It's also interesting to note that Tuhun William McGrath writes in Inside Kung Fu that "after 24 years in the pekiti-tirsia system I would draw my gun over my knife should someone pull a knife on me with harmful intent."

Really? I'd rather just go empty handed because, you know, I train more with my empty hand then I do with firearms. :rofl:

I am obviously kidding. I think that is a great article, and I really like the cases that he brings forth. They really demonstrate how dangerous a weapon wielding attacker can be. A punch that would make a heavy bag fold, or knock a person out in the ring may fail on the pumped up drugged out knife wielding assailent. How many times will he cut me before I put him down, if I am even able to? Heck, I may even have a knife myself...but how many times will he be able to cut me after I cut his throat?

These are all dangers that need to be taken into consideration.

:asian:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
parkerkarate said:
The K-bar (combat knife) has to be my favorite knife of choice.

:D :D :D

Hey Parker,

I love the Ka-Bar myself.

I customized my Tanto tip Ka-Bar to make it a little more field useful. I grinded the other end and sharpened it, so now its double bladed. I also sawed and sanded the back part of the guard so the back is flat. It's probably my favorite combat knife since my modifications

Which version of the Ka-Bar do you prefer?

PAUL

parkerkarate

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I prefer one that I am not to afraid to cut myself with. LOL. I do not know what kind I go. My girlfreind got it for me. BUt it is not as customized as yours. Yours sounds pretty nice, I would just be to afraid of cutting myself with something like that. I only started learning how to use it last October. I was taught br Dr. Gyi, I can not remember how to spell his first name. I hope that answered your question somewhat.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
parkerkarate said:
I prefer one that I am not to afraid to cut myself with. LOL. I do not know what kind I go. My girlfreind got it for me. BUt it is not as customized as yours. Yours sounds pretty nice, I would just be to afraid of cutting myself with something like that. I only started learning how to use it last October. I was taught br Dr. Gyi, I can not remember how to spell his first name. I hope that answered your question somewhat.

That would be Dr. Maung Gyi of American Bando. I like Gyi. I've seen him on average of twice a year for the past 9 years or so. I am very familiar with his knife system. Where did you see him in october? Did you go to his camp in athens?

The Bando knife system is one of the most realistic and practical systems around. Your in good hands!

:ultracool
PAUL

parkerkarate

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My instructor is Mr. Joe Palanzo, who is the president of te WKKA. I went to the annual WKKA camp. And took both his Ka-Bar and Kukri seminar. And no I didn't go to that other camp in Athens.