Wealth Inequality In America...and its perception?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Regarding the psych eval, I'm pretty sure it depends upon the State you're in. But in most, based upon what I've read, they will evaluate you and then likely release you without treatment if you are not posing an immediate threat to yourself or others. In some States, this will be in the ER. In some States, it's in a psych ward.

You speak about these things in absolutes, like you're an expert, as though because you drop them off you know the entire process for your State and every other. I'd love to hear from an actual expert on the subject. As I said before, I am almost sure that there were some ER nurses posting to the boards here.
I'm not claiming to be an expert. You said mentally I'll don't get treatment. That's just flat wrong. Now maybe in your state they don't, maybe in teaxs or Cali they don't. But some places they do. So your wrong when you said psych patients don't get treatment. We have an entire mental health system run by the state that includes counslers medication follow up visits etc.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm not claiming to be an expert. You said mentally I'll don't get treatment. That's just flat wrong. Now maybe in your state they don't, maybe in teaxs or Cali they don't. But some places they do. So your wrong when you said psych patients don't get treatment. We have an entire mental health system run by the state that includes counslers medication follow up visits etc.
http://dhmh.maryland.gov/yourrights/docs/pbor.pdf

There are the rules in Maryland. You won't be treated unless you are an immediate danger to yourself or others. As I said several posts ago, "Mental health treatment in an ER is, if I understand correctly, pretty much limited to severe psychotic breaks."

So, on one hand, I never said that the mentally ill don't get treatment. I said that you won't get treatment for anything short of a severe psychotic break in the ER. Or in other words, if you don't present an immediate danger to yourself or others, you will not be treated and will instead be released.

According to the document above, from the Maryland.gov website, this is true in your neck of the woods, as well.

Once again, the above is fact. It's not my opinion. I'm not arguing a position here. I'm simply stating fact, which is easily verifiable by looking at source documents.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Steve4512 said:
http://dhmh.maryland.gov/yourrights/docs/pbor.pdf

There are the rules in Maryland. You won't be treated unless you are an immediate danger to yourself or others. As I said several posts ago, "Mental health treatment in an ER is, if I understand correctly, pretty much limited to severe psychotic breaks."oneCOLOR]

And like I said its not done in the ER by an ER doc. Its done by a psych doc. It may physically be in the ER on smaller hospitals but it's by a mental heath professional. So its not an ER function. Just an ER room sometimes.

So, on one hand, I never said that the mentally ill don't get treatment. I said that you won't get treatment for anything short of a severe psychotic break in the ER. Or in other words, if you don't present an immediate danger to yourself or others, you will not be treated and will instead be released.
If your not a danger ti yourself or others I wont even take you there so Im not sure the point.
According to the document above, from the Maryland.gov website, this is true in your neck of the woods, as well.

Once again, the above is fact. It's not my opinion. I'm not arguing a position here. I'm simply stating fact, which is easily verifiable by looking at source documents.

And your facts proved my point mentally I'll are treated whichyou said were not.

But you win I don't know what I'm talking about I only take people to get treatment all the time. I must have dreamed it. I must not really be at a hospital and i must not really be walking people into a different area then the ER. I must not need to lock up my gun prior to entering the secure area. What do I know Your the expert on all things that are Govt assistance programs congrats.

Fact still remains people are not dying in the streets from being poor. People all over the country recieve treatment for all kinds of stuff even cancer if they cant pay.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Your question wasn't, "Are the mentally ill people I take to the ER treated?" Your question was, "which poor person in the US can't walk into a hospital and not get treated?"

The problem here is that you don't know what question you actually asked, even though I've tried to remind you several times. It's no wonder you're confused. If you are a real cop, and you are bringing someone to the ER for a psych evaluation, then there's a pretty good chance that someone believes that person to be a danger to himself or others. But, just as you don't interact with every person on welfare, you also don't interact with every person who is mentally ill. Unfortunately, you seem unable to comprehend that.

There are people who are mentally ill who are not "gravely disabled" or do not represent an immediate danger to anyone, who cannot get "free" mental health treatment.

Once again, you asked a question. That's the answer. I'm sorry I can't say it in a way that you can wrap your head around it. I don't know how else to say it. I guess you can have the last word.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your question wasn't, "Are the mentally ill people I take to the ER treated?" Your question was, "which poor person in the US can't walk into a hospital and not get treated?"
And the answer is none. Since the poor are covered by medicaid, and the ones that are not are treated and released.
The problem here is that you don't know what question you actually asked, even though I've tried to remind you several times. It's no wonder you're confused. If you are a real cop, and you are bringing someone to the ER for a psych evaluation, then there's a pretty good chance that someone believes that person to be a danger to himself or others. But, just as you don't interact with every person on welfare, you also don't interact with every person who is mentally ill. Unfortunately, you seem unable to comprehend that.
If Im a real cop huh? You loose your argument so you question my integrity huh nice.

I never said I interact with every ill person. I interact with the ones that need immediate care and guess what they receive it regardless of ability to pay
There are people who are mentally ill who are not "gravely disabled" or do not represent an immediate danger to anyone, who cannot get "free" mental health treatment.
Sure they can we all have insurance now remember Obamacare
Once again, you asked a question. That's the answer. I'm sorry I can't say it in a way that you can wrap your head around it. I don't know how else to say it. I guess you can have the last word.
And thanks for that but some how I doubt it