We owe the Chi Masters an apology

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Based on your vitals, you are not really alive. You have no blood pressure, no temperature, and no pulse to speak of.

Just because you black out doesn't mean your heart automatically stops pumping and it takes a hell of a lot for your core temperature to drop even 10oC.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because you black out doesn't mean your heart automatically stops pumping and it takes a hell of a lot for your core temperature to drop even 10oC.
Ah, it's an inside joke at our house. My temperature runs below normal (enough so that "normal" means I'm running a fever), my BP is low enough that nurses sometimes think they mis-measured it, and even though I'm not as active as I used to be, my resting pulse is around 62.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that heart palpitation can and will make you light headed and dizzy if you are under physical stress...aka working out

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience that heart palpitation can and will make you light headed and dizzy if you are under physical stress...aka working out
Yup. And excessive sweating - the drop in electrolytes and sodium. You know what's weird? I used to just drink water when working out and during cardio classes. I think Gatorade should only be used by hard-core gym regulars and professional athletes, plus it gives me acid reflux. So, I drank water. But I would often get very "mushy" and dizzy. Then, I started adding "true lemon" packets to my water - it's like concentrated lemon juice powder with no sugar and no other additives. And that fixed the problem. Now I'm wondering what it was that I was missing in my water that lemon juice helped fill in during times of intense exercise and sweating.

OP
JR 137

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup. And excessive sweating - the drop in electrolytes and sodium. You know what's weird? I used to just drink water when working out and during cardio classes. I think Gatorade should only be used by hard-core gym regulars and professional athletes, plus it gives me acid reflux. So, I drank water. But I would often get very "mushy" and dizzy. Then, I started adding "true lemon" packets to my water - it's like concentrated lemon juice powder with no sugar and no other additives. And that fixed the problem. Now I'm wondering what it was that I was missing in my water that lemon juice helped fill in during times of intense exercise and sweating.
Do you know that lemons contain more sugar than strawberries?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Magnesium.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Use to drink Gatorade on hot summer days when I was training long fist...over 20 years ago.....dang I'm old

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To George Dillman and all associates and affiliates, Yellow Bamboo, and the rest of the Chi Masters, I just want to say sorry. Sorry I doubted you and your skills. Sorry I made fun of you. Sorry for, well... everything.

There’s no doubt in my mind anymore. I’m no longer a “non-believer” as Dillman called my former self. About 3:45 into this video has changed me forever...

Then you are now susceptible to the all mighty powers of the "Chi Masters". Given their techniques only work on the "believers".

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then you are now susceptible to the all mighty powers of the "Chi Masters". Given their techniques only work on the "believers".

Yep. But if he walks around with one big toe up and on big toe down and alternates them continuously he should be ok.

OP
JR 137

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. But if he walks around with one big toe up and on big toe down and alternates them continuously he should be ok.
Tongue on the wrong side of my mouth too. I’ve got a 50/50 chance with that one though, as I don’t know which side is the right (correct) side.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do wonder whether how many such incidents (someone falling over as the result of a blood pressure drop or pinched nerve or something else similar) became sources of folk legends about various famous heroes and villains. In Russian lore, there is a villain called Highway Robber Nightingale. His super-power is whistling. He whistles so powerfully, he kills people and knocks horses off their feet.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have never doubted the power of a chi master. The ability to break bricks with ones mind is incredible. Especially when you follow up with a chi ball. Forget standing in horse stance throwing Punches all day this is where the real Martial arts lies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have never doubted the power of a chi master. The ability to break bricks with ones mind is incredible. Especially when you follow up with a chi ball. Forget standing in horse stance throwing Punches all day this is where the real Martial arts lies.

2.gif

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do wonder whether how many such incidents (someone falling over as the result of a blood pressure drop or pinched nerve or something else similar) became sources of folk legends about various famous heroes and villains. In Russian lore, there is a villain called Highway Robber Nightingale. His super-power is whistling. He whistles so powerfully, he kills people and knocks horses off their feet.

Centaurs and riders on horseback kind of thing?

Yeah why not.

Latest Discussions