WBC protests Comic-Con, gets owned by sarcastic counter-protest

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I loved "Jesus was nailed to the cross with Thor's hammer," "Odin is God, read Mighty Thor #5," "All glory to Darkseid," "Superman died for our sins." But really, they are all good, I laughed like crazy at the Cylon ones.

A couple more really big pictures so you can see more. http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/07/comic-con_reacts_to_fred_phelp.php

I wish someone in the crowd listened to death metal though, could have used some nice lines from a couple songs. I for sure would have had "Who needs god when you have Satan."

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awesome! What, no "Cthulhu Loathes You?" signs? I must be getting old.

OP
CoryKS

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I loved "Jesus was nailed to the cross with Thor's hammer," "Odin is God, read Mighty Thor #5," "All glory to Darkseid," "Superman died for our sins." But really, they are all good, I laughed like crazy at the Cylon ones.

A couple more really big pictures so you can see more. http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2010/07/comic-con_reacts_to_fred_phelp.php

I wish someone in the crowd listened to death metal though, could have used some nice lines from a couple songs. I for sure would have had "Who needs god when you have Satan."

Thanks for those pictures. They really put the relative sizes of each faction in perspective.

I like the irreverently humorous signs better than the outright offensive ones. I think it drives home the point that the whole situation is a joke, whereas the nasty ones just seem like the Phelpses got under their skin. I'd like to see this sort of thing pick up steam, so that each protest the WBC organizes becomes an opportunity to point, laugh, and show off your sign-making chops. I think mine would say, "WWFSMD?"

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do believe Phelps & Co. just got pwnt! :D

But seriously, that's awesome. Nothing like throwing an equally ludicrous protest rally to show how foolish your opponent really is!

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I love Campus Crusade for Cthulu! We used to wear buttons that said "IT found ME." I was surprised not to see J.R. Bob Dobbs on any signs, or any Church of the Great Green Frog. I am a "Nun of the Above" in the CGGF. We used to counter protest those guys who walk around Mardi Gras with the giant crosses and tell everybody they are going to get AIDS. Fun, fun fun!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love Campus Crusade for Cthulu! We used to wear buttons that said "IT found ME." I was surprised not to see J.R. Bob Dobbs on any signs, or any Church of the Great Green Frog. I am a "Nun of the Above" in the CGGF. We used to counter protest those guys who walk around Mardi Gras with the giant crosses and tell everybody they are going to get AIDS. Fun, fun fun!

I'm an agent of POEE. Just don't tell anyone, OK? It's supposed to be a secret.

And remember, the SubGenius must have slack! Beware the Stark Fist of Removal!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not exactly related, but here's a video of christians protesting a metal show in NM this week. One of the protestors even had a shotgun in his bag! Gotta love those religious nuts. http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143454

This video could also be put in the camera as weapon and video crackdown threads with the cops saying, "Turn the camera off!" "I have given you a lawful order!" "Are you a gay homosexual?"

Nuts of various beliefs certainly make the world more colorful.

Latest Discussions