Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
samurai69

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

if you watch the seconds from 50-60 on that video.. I think it more or less explains itself as useless. This is just IMO but come on... hahah I could not stop laughing at how unreal that looked.
it reminded me of rex kwon do.

it still doesnt explain the concepts behind it

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So some of it appears to be based off of Bruce Lee's 2 inch punch.

Too break down what I saw,

1) Some is legitimate a few strikes and pulls do appear to have the full effect they are trying to claim. The behind the back downward shoulder one for example.

2) Some of it appears to be taking advantage of poor posture or alignment of the person being hit. Some of those guys were so off balance to start with any sort of shove would do then in.

3) Some of it is fake you can tell by the way the people fall when they get hit. You see them take the hit and then start to fall. If a person is going to fall they don't take the hit stabilize and fall they just go over.

Ok for the non-fake stuff they are using kinetic linkage and torque movement of the torso to generate power. Then they add their weight to it and that is where the power comes from.

Velocity x mass = momentum.

So more mass more movement more force they are just economizing the movement phase. They push off the back leg and roll the movement into their torso twist and push through with the body weight.

All oppinoins and in no way am I skilled enough to condemn or condone this activity :)

--Infy

Josh

Blue Belt
Reaction score
it still doesnt explain the concepts behind it

I could try to define what I saw and make it rational. I just could not stop laughing at the guy falling like he got hit by a truck when the other guy slapped him on the shoulder. I'm sure the concepts are somewhere well rooted, I just couldn't decide because I was too busy laughing at how overplayed the falls were. the videos reminded me of a really cheezy 80's kung fu movie:lol:

Latest Discussions