Wasted Space

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We do warn people for that and do delete posts for it but frankly I have had the same thought concerning many posts and indeed threads in The Locker Room especially. Yet, the belt ranks seem to encourage new members to post which helps them get acclimatized and active, and I think they're a good thing over all. As always, suggestion on this are welcome (perhaps in another thread).

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe there could be a filter of say x amount of characters before a post counted towards promotion, at least smiles and one liners wouldn't count. I don't really think that the 'drivel' that some posts (many) go to have that motivation though, its more just friends messing around. It does seem to be a symtom of the universe that many of the brightest are also the class clowns. So neener neener neener. *thumbing nose sticking out tounge*

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
one macintosh forum i post on awards titles for certain amounts of posts....however it does not display the post count in the username and avatar area. you'd have to actually look it up in the user CP to actually find out what your post count is.

as for negative titles....i know sherdog gives flamers the old "pink belt" if they get out of line....they also award multiple yellow cards as warnings...

all that said i don't feel that we have an overwhelming problem here on martial talk in regards to post count posting....especially compared to other forums out there.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by tarabos
one macintosh forum i post on awards titles for certain amounts of posts....however it does not display the post count in the username and avatar area. you'd have to actually look it up in the user CP to actually find out what your post count is.

as for negative titles....i know sherdog gives flamers the old "pink belt" if they get out of line....they also award multiple yellow cards as warnings...

all that said i don't feel that we have an overwhelming problem here on martial talk in regards to post count posting....especially compared to other forums out there.

I agree......All those that really just do it to rack up their posts counts should really become obviouse after the tenth time they've just replied with a ":D "......And that Pink belt sounds like a cool idea LOL! :rofl:

Latest Discussions