Was Oyama fake?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but at least it won’t be too bad, all things considered...

I won’t see or hear them coming, because they’re ninjas

I won’t be screaming in pain, because again, they’re ninjas

They’ll just cut my throat in the night. Or poison dart me in the neck. I’ll be walking around minding my own business, then everything will just quickly fade to black. Maybe a little pinch or mosquito bite feeling beforehand, but that’s about it.

Well, an Ashida Kim Disciple will probably use the Poison Hand Technique.

Tomorrow, I will get my son to start studying the Wuxi Finger Hold! You shall be avenged my friend........Sha-Doosh!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pffft. Killing bulls is easy. I dropped this one last week with a backfist..

BullDeadCrop.jpeg

....with my eyes closed.

But I heard it wasn't exactly a bull Oyama killed. Heard it was a dog with a really cool Lodge Hat. And he didn't really kill him, jut sent him to his room.

DogVikingHat.jpg

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a difference between being fake and being overhyped.

For example some say Bruce lee is fake because he was a movie star and some say he's a god who could never be touched by anyone.

Was Bruce lee fake? No
Was Bruce lee overhyped yes

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

View attachment 21187

....with my eyes closed.

But I heard it wasn't exactly a bull Oyama killed. Heard it was a dog with a really cool Lodge Hat. And he didn't really kill him, jut sent him to his room.

View attachment 21188

Oh, Yeah......But can you kill goats by staring at them?

6cgaKPY.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, Yeah......But can you kill goats by staring at them?

6cgaKPY.jpg

Well, yeah, of course. You just have to know how to look at them...

GoatShootCrop.jpeg

Edit: No goats were harmed in the making of this post.

OP

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There's a difference between being fake and being overhyped.

For example some say Bruce lee is fake because he was a movie star and some say he's a god who could never be touched by anyone.

Was Bruce lee fake? No
Was Bruce lee overhyped yes
Yeah, but Bruce Lee never stated he could perform something he couldn't. (for as far as I know)
Just to clear things up I like Oyama and to be honest don't like the guys from the videos lol.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, but Bruce Lee never stated he could perform something he couldn't. (for as far as I know)
Just to clear things up I like Oyama and to be honest don't like the guys from the videos lol.
No but hundreds of people completely overrate him and frankly It surprise me if he did lee was known to be very arrogant

Reactions: 666
OP

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No but hundreds of people completely overrate him and frankly It surprise me if he did lee was known to be very arrogant
Yeah true, but this here is not about how overhyped Bruce Lee was... and I don't really know about arrogant, he is always portrait arrogant but if that's the case I don't know, because there's a difference between being confident and arrogant HeadHuntaaaa.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah true, but this here is not about how overhyped Bruce Lee was... and I don't really know about arrogant, he is always portrait arrogant but if that's the case I don't know, because there's a difference between being confident and arrogant HeadHuntaaaa.
No plenty of people who knew him called him arrogant as well

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The guy scruffed a cow?

Not that uncommon.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly enough -- I've recently learned that a few of my friends did know Bruce Lee, and they don't describe him as arrogant. Now, that may have changed with time, it may have been the people involved... They certainly have described him as driven, and training nearly constantly, obsessively.

As to Oyama... don't know. I've heard the stories. Haven't watched this video, been busy. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the stories grew in the telling -- whether by Oyama or his students.

Reactions: 666

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen that one so many times and I keep asking myself the same exact thing, word for word. Only I don’t censor myself. It never gets old. You can’t intentionally make something that comical.
Yeah, nothing Master Ken has done has been as good as that, and he's really good at it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 21187

....with my eyes closed.

View attachment 21188
That's like the opposite of a Chuck Norris joke.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In Queensland for fun you get drunk and try to wrestle cows to the grounds.

It is one of the games played at a rodeo.
I’ve caught myself watching rodeo on tv here. Something about asking myself why allegedly grown men love playing with barnyard animals and all.

There’s an event where they’re on a horse and chasing a calf. They dive onto the calf and wrestle it to the ground. There’s also one where they lasso the a calf, jump down and tie the calf’s feet up.

Some odd stuff goes on in the south. All sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. And Wrangler jeans.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
There’s an event where they’re on a horse and chasing a calf. They dive onto the calf and wrestle it to the ground. There’s also one where they lasso the a calf, jump down and tie the calf’s feet up.

Well all that has real world application in cattle ranching.

Now Angola Prison Rodeo where they put a ribbon on a badarse bulls horn and whatever inmate can get the ribbon off wins money.......is just for fun......

angola-prison-rodeo.jpg

920x920.jpg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well all that has real world application in cattle ranching.

Now Angola Prison Rodeo where they put a ribbon on a badarse bulls horn and whatever inmate can get the ribbon off wins money.......is just for fun......

angola-prison-rodeo.jpg

920x920.jpg
Reminds me of John Travolta getting all impressed when watching the inmates at the rodeo in Urban Cowboy.

And yeah, rodeo is like Cowboy Olympics. The Greeks took aspects of combat and made competitive games. Rodeo essentially does the same thing.