Warriors!

louie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I recently took part in the filming of a new History Channel series called 'Warriors' which looked at fighting techniques from the William Wallace period.

2349696994_a2d2b7420a.jpg

Going through techniques with the American presenter Terry Schappert! (He's facing the camera)

The re-enactment group Clanranald did most of the fight scenes - Charlie Allen (centre) who runs the group is best remembered for his appearance in 'Gladiator' as the big German in the battle scene at the start of the film.

2348847749_65fa8b33bb.jpg

Louie - Charlie - Robert Harrison (River City 'Gangster')

Louie

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations on being part of filming.
I’ll be sure to watch it when it runs.
Any idea when it will be shown

OP
L

louie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Tez3
The episode was filmed in the middle of a field near Stirling, I think the ruin was part of an old mill

Hi tshadowchaser
Cheers!, don't know when the programme is to be aired, I'd imagine it'll be shown in the US first after it's given the go-ahead by the History Channel (it's a pilot for further episodes that will include spartans, zulus, etc,.)

Louie

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good! There's a story about Wallace that goes around Aberdeen (Scotland!) the oil capitol of Britain.
Outside the theatre in Aberdeen is a large statue of Wallace with his sword standing on a pile of big rocks. An American oilman is reputed to have said that in Texas, the theatres were much bigger, the roads were much bigger, the oilrigs were bigger, the shops etc etc. Looking at the statue of Wallace he said that of course in Texas the rocks were much bigger too whereas the Aberdonian he was talking to replied "Rocks? Oh no, they're no rocks, theys Willy Wallace's kidney stones!"

Latest Discussions