Walmarts like a small country

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is a global community--and had we defaulted on our debt, we would've found out just how very much so that is. Everyone has a stake in the U.S. whether they want to or not.

We wouldn't default were not allowed. They would have made a payment to cover the interest. I disagree with the solution to the problem that we need to borrow more. We have 17 trillion in debt now. We will never be able to get out of debt now. No amount of spending will make up that Mess. We have totally screwed our grandkids

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I keep hearing this global community nonsense. So if we are all in this together how about you give us a few trillion bucks to cover our debt.
It's not nonsense. We are all speeding through space on the same rock. ;)
We do have overseas aid programmes but I'm not sure that the US fits the guidelines.
:)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We wouldn't default were not allowed. They would have made a payment to cover the interest. I disagree with the solution to the problem that we need to borrow more. We have 17 trillion in debt now. We will never be able to get out of debt now. No amount of spending will make up that Mess. We have totally screwed our grandkids
The EU tried to force Greece to do that. Stop spending and manage the debt. Trouble is the economy would fall over totally. Greeks have a similar aversion to paying taxes and a lot of them think they don't have to work either. But I don't think the problem is unmanageable. As I pointed out earlier there are a number of solutions, but it will take a bit of G&D on behalf of your representatives to stand up to the corporate giants who are bleeding you dry.
:asian:

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The EU tried to force Greece to do that. Stop spending and manage the debt. Trouble is the economy would fall over totally. Greeks have a similar aversion to paying taxes and a lot of them think they don't have to work either. But I don't think the problem is unmanageable. As I pointed out earlier there are a number of solutions, but it will take a bit of G&D on behalf of your representatives to stand up to the corporate giants who are bleeding you dry.
:asian:
The corp. Giants are not bleeding anyone. Its the bottom 50% of Americans that don't pay anything and take a lot.
Its also just stupid spending policy. We waste money for no reason. We spend money on things we don't need because we don't want to give back grant money. I know a Police Department with 14 total officers that used grant money to buy a helicopter. They have no pilot and cant afford fuel and maintenance but they didn't want to not spend the money because then next year they wouldn't qualify for more money if they actually needed something. My own department does it every year. The Capt comes to every unit and says. We have money to spend what do you want. We have so much stupid stuff that's never used because we had to spend money.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's not nonsense. We are all speeding through space on the same rock. ;)
We do have overseas aid programmes but I'm not sure that the US fits the guidelines.
:)

That was a huge mistake to blend all our economies together. One falls we all fall. If we go and drag you down then you get what you deserve for jumping on our coat tails

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When did we start believing that it was governments responsibility to "create jobs" or "grow the economy"?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Intl. trade works that way.
No it doesnt. You dont need to blend economies to trade. It was done as a power grab. The US forced itself into everyones economy after WWII as a power grab. It works fine when times are good. Not so much when your running 600 million deficits and a 17 trillion in debt.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No it doesnt. You dont need to blend economies to trade. It was done as a power grab. The US forced itself into everyones economy after WWII as a power grab. It works fine when times are good. Not so much when your running 600 million deficits and a 17 trillion in debt.
Respectfully I think that you are putting too much importance on the US economy. Trade has been occurring between states for thousands of years. Economies are not blended. The US relies on the rest of the world to buy its goods. The US is no longer the top dog. That mantle is now with China. The US used to be the biggest manufacturer of cars. Now Japan and Korea are supplying the world and the Chinese are hot on their tails. If China fails, you go down the drain with the rest of us. No, the reason the US is important is because the $US is the world's reserve currency. If your economy goes down the currency goes down and worldwide people will not be able to repay their loans. That was what happened with the GFC.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The corp. Giants are not bleeding anyone. Its the bottom 50% of Americans that don't pay anything and take a lot.
Its also just stupid spending policy. We waste money for no reason. We spend money on things we don't need because we don't want to give back grant money. I know a Police Department with 14 total officers that used grant money to buy a helicopter. They have no pilot and cant afford fuel and maintenance but they didn't want to not spend the money because then next year they wouldn't qualify for more money if they actually needed something. My own department does it every year. The Capt comes to every unit and says. We have money to spend what do you want. We have so much stupid stuff that's never used because we had to spend money.
You refused to acknowledge the video elder posted and I reposted on this thread. It shows the bottom 50% of Americans have nothing to give. It shows the top 1% own 40% of the nation's wealth and the bottom 80% have just 7%. For what it's worth I'll post it again. It shows the core of the problem and as the video points out, the situation has worsened dramatically over the past 30 years and will get worse unless it is addressed.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sh...alth-Inequality-In-America-and-its-perception

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You refused to acknowledge the video elder posted and I reposted on this thread. It shows the bottom 50% of Americans have nothing to give.
because its BS. I have nothing to give either but I still do. What did Obama say we all need some skin in the game
It shows the top 1% own 40% of the nation's wealth and the bottom 80% have just 7%.
So what? they also pay 90% of the income taxes. Everyones so damn Jealous of the 1%. I say good for them Im happy for them.
For what it's worth I'll post it again. It shows the core of the problem and as the video points out, the situation has worsened dramatically over the past 30 years and will get worse unless it is addressed.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sh...alth-Inequality-In-America-and-its-perception
and how do we address it? ban the 1%? take more of their money? but still refuse to require the bottom 50% to be more responsible with other peoples money

Last edited:
OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Respectfully I think that you are putting too much importance on the US economy.
Im not you are the one givng the US too much importance. It was you that said if our economy tanks so does yours and the rest of the worlds
Trade has been occurring between states for thousands of years. Economies are not blended. The US relies on the rest of the world to buy its goods. The US is no longer the top dog. That mantle is now with China. The US used to be the biggest manufacturer of cars. Now Japan and Korea are supplying the world and the Chinese are hot on their tails. If China fails, you go down the drain with the rest of us. No, the reason the US is important is because the $US is the world's reserve currency. If your economy goes down the currency goes down and worldwide people will not be able to repay their loans. That was what happened with the GFC.
I guess we better start cutting back on our spending

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I finally watched the video you keep talking about that elder posed. Seemed like a bunch of crying and moaning to me.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I finally watched the video you keep talking about that elder posed. Seemed like a bunch of crying and moaning to me.
OK, I can accept that. Just a couple of questions. Do you accept that that is the actual situation and are you happy with that situation?

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I can accept that. Just a couple of questions. Do you accept that that is the actual situation and are you happy with that situation?
Is it an actual situation? Sure the rich are rich and the poor are poor not a shock. I will say our poor are alot better off then the poor in other countries so they really cant complain.
Am I happy about it? Im not anything I have no feelings about it, I dont care it doesn't effect me. I go to work do my job earn my check and go home. Im happy with my life I dont think about or care about the rich or the 1%.

So whats the problem with the rich being rich? and how do you stop it? why would you want to?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is it an actual situation? Sure the rich are rich and the poor are poor not a shock. I will say our poor are alot better off then the poor in other countries so they really cant complain.
Am I happy about it? Im not anything I have no feelings about it, I dont care it doesn't effect me. I go to work do my job earn my check and go home. Im happy with my life I dont think about or care about the rich or the 1%.

So whats the problem with the rich being rich? and how do you stop it? why would you want to?
I would have thought America and the wealth of America should be the property of the people. The inequality is extreme, a little like what has happened in Russia where the cronies of the politicians have snapped up all the nation's resources.
so yes, the rich can be rich but 1% of the population owning 40% of the wealth? Wow!

Latest Discussions