Walmarts like a small country

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
.And you didn't answer my question. 50/50 or just 10 Grand out of the Million?

Its a stupid question that has nothing to do with this topic. It has nothing to do with taxes. I have no rich relatives that will Die and leave me anything, I don't k ow warren buffet so there is no way my family would leave him anything. Besides your asking the wrong person because when my wife's father died and her brother took almost the entire estate I told my wife to let him. Even the little we got was more then we had and if he's willing to destroy the family over a little money he must need it more then us so don't fight him over it.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So your an expert on the way things work in the US now huh? Well damn I guess we need to start letting you Aussies come fix all our problems now.
No, I don't claim to be an expert and I doubt anyone can fix the mess you have allowed to develop, Aussie or otherwise. But I'm happy to apologise and say that you all live in Nirvana. Everything is honky dory.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Your wrong. If what they are doing is not legal they would have been taken to court since the left is in charge and the left hates Walmart.

The "Abusive Tax Schemes" are defined in a vague way that makes it difficult to know whether you're violating the law or not.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Its a stupid question that has nothing to do with this topic. It has nothing to do with taxes. I have no rich relatives that will Die and leave me anything, I don't k ow warren buffet so there is no way my family would leave him anything. Besides your asking the wrong person because when my wife's father died and her brother took almost the entire estate I told my wife to let him. Even the little we got was more then we had and if he's willing to destroy the family over a little money he must need it more then us so don't fight him over it.
As I said, it's just a hypothetical but you can obviously see the analogy I was going to draw from your answer. Either way you answer, didn't matter. Just reflects the situation highlighted by elder. And of course it has everything to do with this topic. :)

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Buffet does NOT pay the proper tax, his company Berkshire/Hathaway is fighting NOT to pay over a BILLION dollars in taxes, and hasn't paid them since 2002!
Real heroic taxpayer you've got there...
In short F Warren Buffet.
Sorry Don, I missed this one. Have a word to Ballen for me if you will. He is of the opinion all these guys are paying their fair share. I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt. Thanks for the clarification. :)

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I said, it's just a hypothetical but you can obviously see the analogy I was going to draw from your answer. Either way you answer, didn't matter. Just reflects the situation highlighted by elder. And of course it has everything to do with this topic. :)

I didnt read elders topic thats his topic this is mine. You want to make points about his go to his and make the point. And no I have NO idea what you were trying to dra unless it was that the 35000 the Govt takes off the top of the million is just too damn much.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The "Abusive Tax Schemes" are defined in a vague way that makes it difficult to know whether you're violating the law or not.

Again with the amount of people that target walmart for everything they do if they were in violation it would be known.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, I don't claim to be an expert and I doubt anyone can fix the mess you have allowed to develop, Aussie or otherwise. But I'm happy to apologise and say that you all live in Nirvana. Everything is honky dory.

Glass houses my friend. There have been several threads about how screwed up your country is but they get locked due to being against the rules. Part of the protected class I guess

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glass houses my friend. There have been several threads about how screwed up your country is but they get locked due to being against the rules. Part of the protected class I guess
Oh come on. I'm not knocking the US. I'm quite happy to discuss any of our problems. Just keep it to current problems, I'm more than happy to do that. And, out of interest, just where is our country screwed up?

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh come on. I'm not knocking the US. I'm quite happy to discuss any of our problems. Just keep it to current problems, I'm more than happy to do that. And, out of interest, just where is our country screwed up?
Its not your perfect your country is perfect your TAx codes are perfect your health care is perfect......well at least it better be with as many rocks as you like to throw

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kman I honestly can't answer what's wrong with your country. Its not my concern. I know nothing about your country because I just don't care about yours or anyone else's for that matter. I have no say in your govt because its none of my business. I don't spend my time worrying about you guys like you do to us. You guys can name a senator from the small state of Arizona. I cant even name your president or prime minister or whatever you call it.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Its not your perfect your country is perfect your TAx codes are perfect your health care is perfect......well at least it better be with as many rocks as you like to throw
I'm sure our country isn't perfect. We have the same problems of politicians with there noses in the trough, politicians doing 'favours' for their mates, problems with uncontrolled immigration. We still have iniquity when it comes to distribution of wealth and the list goes on. But all in all we are trying to deal with those issues. We have companies that are avoiding tax as well, most with their major offices in tax havens, such as Google.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...illion-u-s-revenue-lost-to-tax-loopholes.html
And, they pay virtually no tax here either.

Our budget is still in deficit due to the effect of the GFC but we will get back to a balanced budget hopefully within the next five years.

So I'm not throwing rocks, I'm trying to have a discussion of the issues plaguing the US that Billc keeps throwing up as evidence that Obama couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. I can't believe you guys can sit there and not respond to his posts, then you attack me when I call BS. I have not started any thread criticising the US.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I suspect that might have been about the treatment of indigenous people over 100 years ago. :)

Kman I honestly can't answer what's wrong with your country. Its not my concern. I know nothing about your country because I just don't care about yours or anyone else's for that matter. I have no say in your govt because its none of my business. I don't spend my time worrying about you guys like you do to us. You guys can name a senator from the small state of Arizona. I cant even name your president or prime minister or whatever you call it.
So in one post you say we are screwed up and in the next you say you know nothing about Australia. I don't spend my time worrying about your problems but I am acutely aware of what is happening in all other major countries around the world because we are all part of the global community.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sure our country isn't perfect. We have the same problems of politicians with there noses in the trough, politicians doing 'favours' for their mates, problems with uncontrolled immigration. We still have iniquity when it comes to distribution of wealth and the list goes on. But all in all we are trying to deal with those issues. We have companies that are avoiding tax as well, most with their major offices in tax havens, such as Google.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...illion-u-s-revenue-lost-to-tax-loopholes.html
And, they pay virtually no tax here either.

Our budget is still in deficit due to the effect of the GFC but we will get back to a balanced budget hopefully within the next five years.

So I'm not throwing rocks, I'm trying to have a discussion of the issues plaguing the US that Billc keeps throwing up as evidence that Obama couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. I can't believe you guys can sit there and not respond to his posts, then you attack me when I call BS. I have not started any thread criticising the US.
And I've never started any threads bashing any other countries since I know I'm in a glass house.

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So in one post you say we are screwed up and in then say you know nothing about Australia.

Well since I know of zero perfect lands in the world its not hard to guess you got some problems over there.

I don't spend my time worrying about your problems

Could of fooled me
but I am acutely aware of what is happening in all other major countries around the world because we are all part of the global community.

I keep hearing this global community nonsense. So if we are all in this together how about you give us a few trillion bucks to cover our debt.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gun control--in a country populated by convicts! Why, the homicide rate must be through the roof compared to us!
Ssh! I'm in enough trouble already without you fanning the flames. :s281:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a global community--and had we defaulted on our debt, we would've found out just how very much so that is. Everyone has a stake in the U.S. whether they want to or not.

Latest Discussions