Walking with a limp

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well last night I was sparring with a buddy of mine that leaves back for the states this weekend. He also isn't a part of out class, but used to study Kuk Sool Won a few years ago and wanted to spar, so I said sure. DANG! He still has it in him, but we had been going around for a while and then I threw a round house kick and he blocked with his leg and I hit pegged his new with the top of my foot. It was so bad last night, a small limp and nice lil bruise. This mornin, hurts really bad to walk and it's swollen. I don't think it's broke b/c I seem to be able to move everything around just fine. But it sucks b/c now I have to take it slow in class and I don't like the idea. I'm a fast past, lots of speed and power kinda guy. I can only hope and pray that it gets better soon. Thought I'd share with you guys and I hope training is going GREAT!!!

Tang Soo!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had a similar incident, though not during sparring, with my foot and had the same thing happen. I thought it was no big deal, just a bruise. A week later it still hurt, so I got an Xray done and they found a hairline fracture and bruising on the bone. I was told to wear my arch supports in gently-lace shoes and avoid all impact sports and activities.

How boring.

But - the good news is my foot healed nicely, I didn't need a cast and I no longer have any problems with it.

So ... give it a week and if it still hurts AT ALL, get a cheap Xray if you can find one.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't been able to train for about 2 months since messing up my knee..This sitting on the sidelines sucks, but ya gotta have time to heal and not complicate an injury...

OP
agemechanic03

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, my instructor is wanting me to teach tonight b/c he will not be there, so I think I am gonna side line it tonight. It sucks tho having to sit side lining, you can ask MBuzzy how I am in that class, I can't be still and always learning something. AAAAAHH....I'll prolly go get it checked out next week. I should get both my feet checked out b/c I messed my big toe up back in August and if I hit it just right, it will start hurtin for a week. I think I just need to "settle" down a tad bit in class.....hehe.

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
There's an orange belt at my dojang who had to take a several-month hiatus from class because he hurt/sprained/broke his foot/ankle (I never got the full details) during sparring in class. And we wear foot and hand pads when sparring.

Hope you get better soon. Tang Soo!

Latest Discussions