Walking away

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Based on his update, and thinking back about the instructor's request for him to teach, I have a different thought. I think the instructor took his refusal to teach as an insult, and was looking for something to push him out. I've dealt with instructors (higher in an organization) who were like that.
Thing is with that though I never refused to teach I actually agreed to teach as long as it was all the time and a couple weeks back I actually ran the whole club when the higher black belts went to a training camp for a few weeks so I had to run every kids class and adults and open up and lock up

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thing is with that though I never refused to teach I actually agreed to teach as long as it was all the time and a couple weeks back I actually ran the whole club when the higher black belts went to a training camp for a few weeks so I had to run every kids class and adults and open up and lock up
I'm only vaguely remembering the previous thread, HH, so maybe I'm confusing myself.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm only vaguely remembering the previous thread, HH, so maybe I'm confusing myself.
It's all good no worries but yeah that was sorted out. I just think the whole situations messed up it's a shame I have to leave as I like the guys at the club.but after what he said there theres 0 chance I can carry on training with him it'd be to much of a bad atmosphere and not fair on everyone else

Psilent Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well then I've decided to walk away from my kenpo club now. The instructor had a problem I was training in other styles and said to me he didn't think I was showing enough dedication to kenpo....which makes no sense since even though I'm training Muay Thai and bjj as well I'm still attending kenpo twice a week as well so I'm not even missing those classes to train other places. Then he basically said If I want to stay at that club I had to dedicate myself exclusively to the kenpo club and stop training anywhere else.

Well as soon as that was said my choice was made and I said so because I'm not going to be blackmailed into staying somewhere and giving up training at places I enjoy being at. I may be one of his black belts but that doesn't make me his property. It's a shame but that's life I'll see if I can find another kenpo school that works with my schedule but if not I'm happy with the amount of training I'm doing.

I agree 100% with the decision you've made Headhunter and I would have done the same thing if it was me.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is just getting funnier and funnier. I got told by a friend of mine who trains at the club that my names getting trashed at the club and he's told everyone not to associate or train with me or they'd be kicked out from the school and apparently he's trying to black list me from every kenpo school around....and also heard from my Jiu Jitsu coach he contacted him and tried to get him to kick me out because I'm unloyal....luckily he's actually a decent person and told him where to go.

He's also saying that he's going to try and officially take away my rank so not only would I not be a black belt but I wouldn't be any rank at all in the system...,how he plans to do that I have no idea.

I have 0 respect for that man now. To me everything he's said and done now he's a disgrace to martial arts all this because I wanted to train on other days as well as kenpo.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is just getting funnier and funnier. I got told by a friend of mine who trains at the club that my names getting trashed at the club and he's told everyone not to associate or train with me or they'd be kicked out from the school and apparently he's trying to black list me from every kenpo school around....and also heard from my Jiu Jitsu coach he contacted him and tried to get him to kick me out because I'm unloyal....luckily he's actually a decent person and told him where to go.

He's also saying that he's going to try and officially take away my rank so not only would I not be a black belt but I wouldn't be any rank at all in the system...,how he plans to do that I have no idea.

I have 0 respect for that man now. To me everything he's said and done now he's a disgrace to martial arts all this because I wanted to train on other days as well as kenpo.
It does sound fishy; because, legally you could compete as a white belt, and rake in the trophies, if your rank is stricken, from the record. o_O

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
It does sound fishy; because, legally you could compete as a white belt, and rake in the trophies, if your rank is stricken, from the record. o_O
The whole things stupid. There's no official records I've got a certificate, a belt and the skills hell that's more than some black belt head instructors have

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Well, this has become a very unfortunate situation. It really does sound like you made the right decision and you are better off disassociating yourself from him.

I will just caution you to take the high road and don't give in to the temptation to give him any payback. That might also include how much information you share in the online discussion forums as well. Keep your own reputation clean.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, this has become a very unfortunate situation. It really does sound like you made the right decision and you are better off disassociating yourself from him.

I will just caution you to take the high road and don't give in to the temptation to give him any payback. That might also include how much information you share in the online discussion forums as well. Keep your own reputation clean.

Yeah. Make sure you let him continue to behave in that manner. Wouldn't want anybody else finding out

Latest Discussions