Wah Lum Exploration

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, even though we did shadow boxing, combos and some round robin work, it was more of a cardio workout. While I do have a cardiopulmonary system, it seems to be largely atrophied :D

At this point after (over a year of this junk) a fractured heal followed by a torn meniscus in my knee I'm just happy I can walk.

I plan on starting training again the end of this month and after attempting the Yang Long Form I was a mess, but it WILL get better.

Keep working at it and all will be just fine

MantisMeredith

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, so still in a little shock over this one but I was asked to be a part of the school's Dragon Dance team! Practice starts this Saturday, can anyone tell me what to expect? Feeling a little nervous, nauseous, excited, and did I say nervous??? :)

Thanks guys!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, so still in a little shock over this one but I was asked to be a part of the school's Dragon Dance team! Practice starts this Saturday, can anyone tell me what to expect? Feeling a little nervous, nauseous, excited, and did I say nervous??? :)

Thanks guys!

Nah... Dragon is easy. Just play follow the leader with the person in front of you. If you do characters (Chinese ideograms) then you have to learn a specific point to be, but otherwise, just follow the leader.

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Thanks guys!

Wow! Most excellent and congrats!

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Update: my legs continue to hurt lol

I got through my 2nd sparring class with little incident. A little hyper-focused during the leg capture drill and forgot to watch out for the fist. heheh.

Next week, we begin a shoalin stick form. I'm really anticipating that :D

On a side note, someone brought Moon Pies to work to share!!!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
mmmmmmm moonpies
The_Simpsons_Homer_Wants_a_Doughnut-T-link.jpg

Just as a note, the Shaolin Long Fist staff form broke my ankle

Also my legs are soon to start hurting agian too. I gouing back to my taiji sifu's class and with any luck my knee will hold up and by this time next week my legs will hurt like hell :EG:

Featherstone

White Belt
Reaction score
Late comer to this topic, but hey it's all good. Welcome to Wah Lum egg :) I've been studying it now for a few years, with about a year off due to surgery, non-martial related.

Here are the names for you, direct from the ole handbook hehe.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Se Ping Ma (Riding Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Dun San Ma (Hill Climb Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Lui Gee Ma (Lady Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]- our sifu likes to the leave the room on this one as well as the cat stance, talk about leg pain :)
[/FONT]Dieu Ling Ma ( Cat Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Chut SingMa ( Seven Star Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Bie Ma ( Crushed Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Kwai Ma ( Kneeling Horse Stance)[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Woo Di Ma ( Butterfly Horse Stance)

If you have any questions feel free to ask

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi, Featherstone! Welcome to Martial Talk. Thanks for the info :)

Featherstone

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks :) thought I had joined several years ago, guess I hadnt hehe

If it helps, after a year of solid training, my legs still shake and hurt :)

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's been a sketchy month for attendance, what with school starting back up as well as the inevitable issue arising; but, it still comes along!

I am nearly 5 months no smorking, behind on my stick form, a punching bag in sparring class and inconsistently practicing between classes. I am guilty, this month, of heavy slacking. I'm looking to change that starting last night.

How's everyone here?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hmmm...sketchy....let me think ... as to your slacking....

STOP POSTING AND STAND IN MA BU!!!!! :mst: :D

I'm doing ok and FINALLY able to start training again and glad to see your still at it, still around and still not smoking

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm...sketchy....let me think ... as to your slacking....

STOP POSTING AND STAND IN MA BU!!!!! :mst: :D

I'm doing ok and FINALLY able to start training again and glad to see your still at it, still around and still not smoking

**sigh**

You need to speak properly to Egg... Wah Lum is Cantonese... not Hua Lin... the term you're looking for is SEI PING MA.

What is this MA BU you speak of slidey tongue?? Because like me... he's being nice, but doesn't understand a word you're saying

You've been corrected... :whip1: Please don't make daddy repeat himself... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Latest Discussions