W. Va governor gets blackbelt

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
According to the story, it sounds like he earned it.

I do have wonder about one thing however. Do you think his sparring partners may be afraid to go all out on him? I mean, wouldn't you be a little scared of kicking your state's governor in the head? Even if you didn't vote for him?

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not me. I'd love to be able to say I was able to kick my Governor (Granholm) in the head (not hard though!). And partisan politics has nothing to with it. Although, our previous Governor (Engler) would have had it coming.
I wouldn't contact her head though, just get my foot up that high. I may even let her get a few shots in!

OP
D

dwolf868

According to the story it seems as if he really earned it. HE did train for a number of years.

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm from WV and actually work for the state and this is the first I've heard of it. I'm not saying that he's lying but I know I don't trust anything this guy says. Here is the website for where he studies http://www.kangstaekwondo.com/.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
These sorts of news blurbs are good publicity for the school/instructor. I think it also is helpful when high-profile folks train in martial arts. Congrats to the ex-governor!

Miles

OP
G

Galvatron

cashwo said:
I don't know. I'm from WV and actually work for the state and this is the first I've heard of it. I'm not saying that he's lying but I know I don't trust anything this guy says. Here is the website for where he studies http://www.kangstaekwondo.com/.

I live in Florida and have heard of his Taekwondo training before.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
9th Dan, eh?

It seems that if you are an older Korean teaching Tae Kwon Do, you must be 9th Dan. It's the law!

By the way, Governor or not, having one of your students booted out of office for having an extramarital affair is not what I would consider good publicity for your school. Some people just love the front page!

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
By the way, Governor or not, having one of your students booted out of office for having an extramarital affair is not what I would consider good publicity for your school. Some people just love the front page!
EXACTLY!!!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
9th Dan, eh?

It seems that if you are an older Korean teaching Tae Kwon Do, you must be 9th Dan. It's the law!

Grandmaster Kang is a very prominent former officer of the USTU/USAT. I don't doubt that he is 9th dan.

Agreed, not good publicity to have students w/extramarital affairs-but, don't think he did it to get on the front page. :)

Miles

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Miles,

Just kidding about the first part.
Not kidding about the second part. I highly doubt my Instructor would let me test if I had an affair that was well publicised and got me booted from office. Doesn't matter how good my technique or famous I am, bad publicity is bad publicity.

Enjoy your posts by the way.

OP
M

Melissa426

digitalronin said:
My Govenor can skill beat ur Govenor :D
Just a guess, but any chance you're from California?

Ahnold v. a TKD black belt? Might be interesting.:ultracool

Peace,
Melissa

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
Melissa426 said:
Just a guess, but any chance you're from California?

Ahnold v. a TKD black belt? Might be interesting.:ultracool

Peace,
Melissa

Born in the california sunshine yes I am

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If the Body was still in office here that would be quite the three-way match...

I can see the headlines now...

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:

I would place my bets on Jesse, former seal former wrestling champ

OP
M

Melissa426

bignick said:

The Body, the Terminator and Black Belt Loverboy?

Latest Discussions