Video Madness!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, ok, not madness, but I wanted to get your attention.

My 'Kan instructor teaches 2 days a week... I like to train, "on my own" a bit durring the week as well. Ive been "checking out" videos from his video library, but many of them show a great deal of movement with little practical instruction.

Can anyone point out a decent series of videos that are really presented from an "instructional" point of veiw that I can supplement my training with?

Are they (instructional tapes) worthwhile at all, or will I be wasting my time?

E

Elizium

Well I have 2 videos, Hanbo justsu from Pedro and Advanced Kihon Happo with Hatsumi. Both are good videos IMO

I got 2 videos of Hatsumi explaing taijutsu downloaded off Kazaa (boo hiss, Elizium hates Kazaa) all about weaponary and taijutsu. They are also good ones to have. Although the quality of the Mpegs are poor the instruction aspect are, for me, excellent.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Elizium said:
Well I have 2 videos, Hanbo justsu from Pedro and Advanced Kihon Happo with Hatsumi. Both are good videos IMO

I got 2 videos of Hatsumi explaing taijutsu downloaded off Kazaa (boo hiss, Elizium hates Kazaa) all about weaponary and taijutsu. They are also good ones to have. Although the quality of the Mpegs are poor the instruction aspect are, for me, excellent.

Elizium,

Ive seen the Advanced Kihon Happo with Hatsumi, and some others, and while I think that they are great to see the techniques and such, I am looking for somthing more on a "Do step A, while placing feet in Ichimonji, shift to step B by adusting your kame to Hicho..."

You know what I mean?

E

Elizium

I know what it is you are on about. Havn't heard if there are any like that. Maybe the wayunloong as they did a film of ninjutsu a few years ago. Part of it was Mpeg onto Kazaa and I enquired about it on e-budo.

I guess that instructors may do this for students. Something like Von Donk's videos may be of help, even though I have not seen any of these ninja by video he does. But I suppose by asking on here, someone somewhere may know.

The Hanbo jutsu one does tell you how to handle the hanbo and such by saying foot here and that, if only I learned spanish I may get more out of it. If anyone has a transcript of that video I would be very grateful.

Latest Discussions