Veteran cuts down US flag

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A veteran cut down a US flag that was flying under a Mexican flag. The video of it is here:

And, that is how you take care of business. Don't start disrespecting the flag like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that there is a federal law that prevents a flag over "Old Glory".
and thats another sticky subject, but if someone is here from another country and things are so good in "your" country, why are you here, go home if you want to fly "your" flag.

jamz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If that's the vid I'm thinking of, it's really old. While I applaud the guy's heart and motivation, it would have been better if he switched the flags and not just stolen the Mexican one. That leaves an otherwise honorable act open to a perfectly legitimate charge of theft. :(

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Classic. I'm a vet, not a jingoist, but I can feel where this guy's coming from (couldn't get the sound, but got the idea :)). If they'd had them reversed, well OK, but like that? Nah. Too disrespectful of the vets who are no longer here to take action for themselves. :knight2:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
If that's the vid I'm thinking of, it's really old. While I applaud the guy's heart and motivation, it would have been better if he switched the flags and not just stolen the Mexican one. That leaves an otherwise honorable act open to a perfectly legitimate charge of theft. :(

Must be a different vid, on this one he takes the US flag and leaves the Mexican flag.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Guess I'll be the odd man out, but I can't bring myself to applaud either the veteran's cutting the flag down, his "fight-me-for-it" speech, or the cameraman's "whatcha-gonna-do, punk" questions afterwards. Guess I just never considered intimidation a great way to be patriotic. I very much doubt the shop-owner was trying to make any statement at all, he probably didn't even think he was doing anything wrong, though that is only my speculation.

Latest Discussions