Vee Jiu Jitsu

haumana2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have been very lucky now that I live here in Colorado to meet with and train with a couple of guys at a school called the "Defense Institute" They teach Vee Arnis Jitsu, and it is the primary component of their school. With all of the military installations here, they regularly teach the 10th special forces as well. John and Eric, the instructors carry the same blunt street edge that Professor David James does. That New York whoop yo *** take no ****, prove it or lose it feel. Yet they are very open minded. They do train intensively in Garrote, and Daga both, based primarily on Professor Vee's cinco tero style. Practical and pragmatic I have found it to be, and when they put the hurt on you, you know it! I am glad to call these guys, my collegues, and better yet my buddies. good stuff, I think they have a website, use defense instititute colorado as a search word.

thekuntawman

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i am from the east coast, and i can say that all of the people who come from his school can and do fight. whatever is the origin or lineage of his martial arts knowledge does not matter, since so many under the name of vee arnis jujitsu are fighters. there was a school in washington dc, which i use to pass everyday going to school, i dont remember the name of the teacher, but some of the things the teacher told me about how he runs his school, i use today. they were in a bad neighborhood, called the 8th and H NE coridor, and they had so many fights, the teacher locked the doors and did not allow visitors. and very quickly, the kids in the neighborhood learned to use, yes sir, and no sir when he was around. his store was the cleanest on the block.

the origin of his eskrima was from the different masters of stockton ca and hawaii. but i saw a change in the style, after mr visitacions association with leo gaje. i was told that it was leo gaje who convinced him to change the name to kuntao arnis.

many people, some i knew took advantage of mr visitacion and how happy he was to teach you, even if you did not pay him. you can tell these people, because they did not study with him long, and they are using his name to support arts they made up (so some KUNG FU PEOPLE can get on the FMA bandwagon). one of these people (who threatened me with a lawsuit) asked me in 1991, what is kuntaw, and what does it look like, would my grandpa be interested to videotape the system for (a lot of) money, this same kung fu man in 1995 was a kuntaw master, then one to two years later, with his own style. i know mr visitacion was not happy, but he was not interested in discrediting anybody. and he did not want his students to take action either. i respect that.

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
cool, i knew that there empty hands would be pretty good, just wanted more info from other sources about there eskrima/ arnis.

one of these people (who threatened me with a lawsuit) asked me in 1991, what is kuntaw, and what does it look like, would my grandpa be interested to videotape the system for (a lot of) money, this same kung fu man in 1995 was a kuntaw master, then one to two years later, with his own style.

man thats weak. does this guy have his own video tapes out??

thanks

terry

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thekuntawman
i am from the east coast, and i can say that all of the people who come from his school can and do fight. whatever is the origin or lineage of his martial arts knowledge does not matter, since so many under the name of vee arnis jujitsu are fighters. there was a school in washington dc, which i use to pass everyday going to school, i dont remember the name of the teacher, but some of the things the teacher told me about how he runs his school, i use today. they were in a bad neighborhood, called the 8th and H NE coridor, and they had so many fights, the teacher locked the doors and did not allow visitors. and very quickly, the kids in the neighborhood learned to use, yes sir, and no sir when he was around. his store was the cleanest on the block.

the origin of his eskrima was from the different masters of stockton ca and hawaii. but i saw a change in the style, after mr visitacions association with leo gaje. i was told that it was leo gaje who convinced him to change the name to kuntao arnis.

many people, some i knew took advantage of mr visitacion and how happy he was to teach you, even if you did not pay him. you can tell these people, because they did not study with him long, and they are using his name to support arts they made up (so some KUNG FU PEOPLE can get on the FMA bandwagon). one of these people (who threatened me with a lawsuit) asked me in 1991, what is kuntaw, and what does it look like, would my grandpa be interested to videotape the system for (a lot of) money, this same kung fu man in 1995 was a kuntaw master, then one to two years later, with his own style. i know mr visitacion was not happy, but he was not interested in discrediting anybody. and he did not want his students to take action either. i respect that.

Much of what kuntawman says, I have heard also through the grapevine in the Vee Arts. Prof Vee did have difficulty saying no to other people. Yes he was happy to teach anybody and yes, people did take advantage of his name. That's a shame for he produced many great students such as David James, Moses Powell, Sugar Crosson, Lil John Davis, Robert Cooper and others.

Prof Vee had long time friendships with Wally Jay and Remy Presas. Vee's influence is mostly on the east coast.

Take care,
Brian

T

TACSAFE

Hi, Ihad the wonderful privalege to train directly with Prof. Vee for several years privately. Prof. Vee was a wonderful man and genius when it came to Martial Arts. His experience and knowlege went far beyond Vee-Jitsu, Vee-Jitsu-te, Vee-arnis-jitsu, or Kuntao. He had a wealth of Knowlwege in many other arts including the internal arts.

Rick Hernandez

www.chaosintl.org

www.tacsafe.com

tribaldragon77

White Belt
Reaction score
I train under Sensei Henry Albanese. He was taught by Grandmaster Acuri who studied under Professor Vee years ago. Grandmaster Acuri has an extensive background with Tae Kwon Do and has added it into his art. I have studied different arts and found that this branch of jiu jitsu is the most effective in real life situation. There is another branch of vee arnis in rhode island, Kuntao Jiu Jitsu. www.kuntaojiujitsu.com. It was founded under soki Petronelli, and is taught by soki dai Bochner.

tribaldragon77

White Belt
Reaction score
Also quick question, I just registerd at martialtalk and wondering how you change your belt rank on your profile mine is not correct

Latest Discussions