Ussd

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
United Studios of Self Defense (USSD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo
Well, having talked to a number of instructors there, it's all about the money. They tested the celebrities right next to us in Lake Forrest, (Christian Slater and I went for Green belt at the same test session, and Steven Seagal's kids also trained there) and it seems that if there were a "Special Club" that they would be the one's who would have gotten it.

When I would go to the tests in Charlie's Lake Forrest HQ, I would work my butt off before testing to learn all of my material and be able to do it well. I would be standing next to people that forgot forms and combinations and some that even had to take a break and sit out part of the test. Well, at the end of the session, everyone got their tested for rank. When one of my fellow students that was testing at the same time asked one of the "Masters" what the deal was, the "Master" shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's a business." That's a quote I heard myself right from the mouth of Dennis B.

I wanted to give my 2 cents here. United Studios is a business. Is it fair to give some people special treatment? No. Will they do it though? yes. Why? Because they want to keep their businesses running. Remember, USSD says they never close a school, just get rid of the bad instructor that ran it. I can honestly say that a few schools have closed, most recently being Seal Beach, CA. Sounds like a well oiled business, right?

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
United Studios of Self Defense (USSD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo
Well, having talked to a number of instructors there, it's all about the money. They tested the celebrities right next to us in Lake Forrest, (Christian Slater and I went for Green belt at the same test session, and Steven Seagal's kids also trained there) and it seems that if there were a "Special Club" that they would be the one's who would have gotten it.

When I would go to the tests in Charlie's Lake Forrest HQ, I would work my butt off before testing to learn all of my material and be able to do it well. I would be standing next to people that forgot forms and combinations and some that even had to take a break and sit out part of the test. Well, at the end of the session, everyone got their tested for rank. When one of my fellow students that was testing at the same time asked one of the "Masters" what the deal was, the "Master" shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's a business." That's a quote I heard myself right from the mouth of Dennis B.

I wanted to give my 2 cents here. United Studios is a business. Is it fair to give some people special treatment? No. Will they do it though? yes. Why? Because they want to keep their businesses running. Remember, USSD says they never close a school, just get rid of the bad instructor that ran it. I can honestly say that a few schools have closed, most recently being Seal Beach, CA. Sounds like a well oiled business, right?

Hey! We had a pretty good school at Seal Beach before you left! You let us train hard and spar hard. Unfortunately that wasn't the popular thing to do in the USSD. Remember the USSD bus and the visiting brown belts that we gave a beating to? That was just before you left.

OP
G

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey! We had a pretty good school at Seal Beach before you left! You let us train hard and spar hard. Unfortunately that wasn't the popular thing to do in the USSD. Remember the USSD bus and the visiting brown belts that we gave a beating to? That was just before you left.

Hahaha. I remember that! It was fun and funny at the same time. I remember getting in trouble for it, but I didn't care. It was sad that you guys beat the tar out of those so called "brown belts" and you were only green and blue belts at the time.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hahaha. I remember that! It was fun and funny at the same time. I remember getting in trouble for it, but I didn't care. It was sad that you guys beat the tar out of those so called "brown belts" and you were only green and blue belts at the time.

I believe we were called "Brawlers" and "Thugs" by the guy from HQ. Ah, the good old days.

OP
G

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Those were painful to watch.

HAHAHA!!! OMG, those were the commericials that they ran in Las Vegas. I think I learned those techniques at some point...i'm seriously dying of laughter here.

OP
G

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
LOL. Yes. That one is really funny. It's funny how they used the Vegas instructor's for the commercials where it says "come join a United Studios class today"

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Now, here's something for pure enjoyment:

I want the monkey to teach me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions