USMC CQC manual

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Found this while digging around on the net. This manual is what the Corps began using after I left. When I was in it was the LINE system. The new techniques take into account that you can't always justify killing your opponent. The old LINE system really didn't care what the political reality was so long as the Marine survived and therefore taught a killing blow at the end of every technique. Ah, the good old days. ;) Enjoy.

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
MCMAP is good in theory, but what i've seen of LINE is better. personally, i don't think we should be deploying marines for 'peacekeeping'. marines kill things, period.

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It'll be interesting to read up on and then watch the CD's of the MCMAP Program and compare :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My husband just groaned and I just drooled. Guess he knows where my nose will be for a few hours later.

hogstooth

Green Belt
Reaction score
First of all "Semper Fi". I learned the LINE system as well.
This is cool. thanks for posting.

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It'll be interesting to read up on and then watch the CD's of the MCMAP Program and compare :)

I would kill to get hold of some of those cds but I am told that they are only given to marines. I just hope we don't have a lawyer open a chain of MCMAP schools and have it taught by aerobics instructors with no martial arts or Marine background.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent point, Bill. Nothing in the MCMAP system is new, really, it's all stuff that's been taken from different martial arts and applied in the context of how a Marine might need it. So, in that aspect it could be done as a quick self defense art, much like what Krav Maga has become but I really can't see someone opening a "Cardio MCMAP" school.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Found this while digging around on the net. This manual is what the Corps began using after I left. When I was in it was the LINE system. The new techniques take into account that you can't always justify killing your opponent. The old LINE system really didn't care what the political reality was so long as the Marine survived and therefore taught a killing blow at the end of every technique. Ah, the good old days. ;) Enjoy.
Which is proof that Marines were never intended to police and direct traffic.
Sean

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Which is proof that Marines were never intended to police and direct traffic.
Sean
Very true, we weren't. However, we also used to use the phrase "Adapt and overcome" a good bit. The Corps will do whatever the CIC calls upon them to do and do it well. I don't know that I could operate in the Corps of today with my old school mindset of what the Corps should be but I certainly tip my hat to those that are.

kamishinkan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Love the link. It is alot like what I learned in the Army in the 80's. I hear they have changed to ground fighting now.

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice link,any link for LINE?
Haven't found any link for LINE yet. It was removed from the Corps site when MCMAP came on line. I'm still looking and may even have one of my old manuals in storage somewhere from my days in the Corps. I'll keep looking, though.

LoneRider

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It appears the Army has copied MCMAP based on some reading I've done on the US Army combatives manual and the book H2H by Kid Peligrio and comparing it to what I've seen on Human Weapon and what I've seen of MCMAP (I had a brief exposure to it as a midshipman, first in a six week self defense course and second during a summer program called Leatherneck (where wannabe Marine officers among us trained). As an aside I was not selected for the Marine Corps due to a low class standing, Marine was very competitive with my year group.).

The Army H2H book had a lot of MMA influence for the empty handed techniques and grappling. Of course the rifle combatives where as I remembered them from my midshipman days.

Latest Discussions