USKA National Women's Intermediate Kata

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats, bro, nice job with her. She blew away her competition by a wide margin.

Orion Nebula

Green Belt
Reaction score
She did great! I will admit I was more impressed with the ladies' kata than the men's across the board, but congratulations to both of your students.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep absolutely well deserved, loved the form alot! Great stances, really well coordinated, powerful, whole body integration and awesome kicks too! Well done to her and your coaching :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My student got 1st place at the USKA National's in Women's Intermediate Kata. Enjoy!

that's better, but it begs the question of why the women's intermediate kata is a lot higher standard than the mens. it cant be as simple as women are generally better at dancing , can it ?

OP
A

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
that's better, but it begs the question of why the women's intermediate kata is a lot higher standard than the mens. it cant be as simple as women are generally better at dancing , can it ?

I thinks it's a combination of quality of instruction and the practitioner themselves.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to agree with this question. IMO, the fourth place in the woman's intermediate kata division (and 3/2/1) was better than the 1st place in the men's division. I get that part of that's probably just coincidence from the small sample size of a local tournament, but it's a concern in a sense that there's such a huge difference in the quality. The only thing I noticed was an inconsistency in how high they threw their kicks, which is something I've noticed in women in that stage in general (they tend to be more flexible than men as a whole kick-wise, so it takes a bit for them to focus the kick tot he right area in forms). Outside of that, the level of ability between the intermediate guys and girls is significant and confusing.

Either way @Azulx your student did awesome here. And in the men's intermediate, I still have the issue of 'oomph", but I think he did better than both of the people ranked above him.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some divisions are tougher and some are weaker. It changes alot as competitors come and go. Just part of competition.

Latest Discussions