USAT-MAC and Kukkwion

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

KarateMomUSA

Black Belt
Reaction score
No. They are simply trying to host their own. The USTC will be having Instructor Courses again beginning in August. The will be hosting three sessions the first one in Newark, NJ the second one in Dallas, TX and the last on either San Fransisco or Los Angeles, CA.
Are these listed anywhere yet?

leadleg

Blue Belt
Reaction score
These are on the ustc website,with the dates but the location tbd.I am not surprised the mac is getting in on this,they should have a long time ago.
With the new head of KKW things may go better for those who did not openly fight the govt. take over.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
These are on the ustc website,with the dates but the location tbd.I am not surprised the mac is getting in on this,they should have a long time ago.
With the new head of KKW things may go better for those who did not openly fight the govt. take over.
They are trying to figure which venue would be best to host. I believe they will have that information soon. Yes...USAT should have, but as it has been shown many times the USAT doesn't seem to have enough vision to see past their pocket books. As soon as the USTC did something USAT tried to copy it. USTC, since its conception, has diligently tried to bring the KKW to USA by hosting this and other events. Though they may not have been perfectly executed, they have done their best to provide more for American TKD practitioners, at their own expense. Now in its 3rd year the US Open Hanmadang is picking momentum and we expect an even bigger turn out than last year, which tripled its number in attendance. This along with Instructor Courses and cultural trips to Korea show that the USTC is trying to make strides in offering as many opportunities to USA TKD people.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
They are trying to figure which venue would be best to host. I believe they will have that information soon. Yes...USAT should have, but as it has been shown many times the USAT doesn't seem to have enough vision to see past their pocket books. As soon as the USTC did something USAT tried to copy it. USTC, since its conception, has diligently tried to bring the KKW to USA by hosting this and other events. Though they may not have been perfectly executed, they have done their best to provide more for American TKD practitioners, at their own expense. Now in its 3rd year the US Open Hanmadang is picking momentum and we expect an even bigger turn out than last year, which tripled its number in attendance. This along with Instructor Courses and cultural trips to Korea show that the USTC is trying to make strides in offering as many opportunities to USA TKD people.

Hope they bring one of them to the Midwest again.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hope they bring one of them to the Midwest again.
One of the mistakes they felt they did was bringing one back to Chicago last year. Not that they don't like Chicago, but the first year had a big turn out. This lead to a small turn out last year. Hopefully next year they will come back towards Chicago area. However, if you feel that you can get a big turnout in the midwest are near your neck of the woods, they may be open to add dates on to the schedule.

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
One of the mistakes they felt they did was bringing one back to Chicago last year. Not that they don't like Chicago, but the first year had a big turn out. This lead to a small turn out last year. Hopefully next year they will come back towards Chicago area. However, if you feel that you can get a big turnout in the midwest are near your neck of the woods, they may be open to add dates on to the schedule.

I must tout my state - the Show Me State. St. Louis or Kansas City would be nice.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I must tout my state - the Show Me State. St. Louis or Kansas City would be nice.
Yes, I saw that you were a St. Louis person...my cousins are from the burbs of St. Louis. :)

So Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas people may be up to the travel....maybe some Nebraska and Iowa people too. Just need to ask around and see. :)

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the MAC sponsored seminar is geared more towards Korean speaking participants. There are four instructors coming from Korea to do the seminar, none of whom speak much english. In contrast, USTC recruited english speaking instructors as well as high level technical instructors from Korea. Also the cost is different; USTC seminar was $200, MAC seminar is $480. I hear no one has signed up yet for this seminar. The location of the January seminar is changing as well so people are confused as to whether to go or not.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I say bring all the seminars they can to America so people can get all the extra training and advice they can.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I say bring all the seminars they can to America so people can get all the extra training and advice they can.
The USTC is trying to do just that. However, if there are very few people willing to put in the time and travel to get to them, they can only offer so much. For the most part the USTC functions at a loss on these courses. They do it for the betterment of TKD in America.

I will admit that nothing beats traveling to Korea to do the courses that are being offered here through the seminars, but since a lot of us do not have the $$$ to travel and stay at a hotel for a week or so, the is the next best thing. :)

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the MAC sponsored seminar is geared more towards Korean speaking participants. There are four instructors coming from Korea to do the seminar, none of whom speak much english. In contrast, USTC recruited english speaking instructors as well as high level technical instructors from Korea. Also the cost is different; USTC seminar was $200, MAC seminar is $480. I hear no one has signed up yet for this seminar. The location of the January seminar is changing as well so people are confused as to whether to go or not.

That's strange. Weren't some key member of MAC attacking some founders of USTC for allegedly being too pro-Korea?

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just heard. There are over 120 registered for the course. Only Sat, Sun and Monday though. Wonder how they will cover everything...

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is all true howevever will the USTC again revive the USKKW with direct ability to assist US Masters with rank advancement. The whole thing was shut down in May 2010 and it is my hope that it will be revived to serves as an quicker easier link to KKW for US Masters? This was a great thing for USTC to have and I felt a good advantage over USAT?

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is all true howevever will the USTC again revive the USKKW with direct ability to assist US Masters with rank advancement. The whole thing was shut down in May 2010 and it is my hope that it will be revived to serves as an quicker easier link to KKW for US Masters? This was a great thing for USTC to have and I felt a good advantage over USAT?

I'm not following the logic of the overseas branches program. How is it easier to go through USTC/USKKW instead of the KKW website? How does it fit in now KOMS has launched? Could the USTC just be a dojang group under KOMS and be the same as it was before (with the advantage of offering a discount as I assume they'll be processing large numbers of certificates, etc).

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not following the logic of the overseas branches program.

The main difference and function of the overseas branch program, at least for USTC, is to help Taekwondoin who have no Kukkiwon dan obtain Kukkiwon certification for themselves and their students. That and to continue to provide Kukkiwon educational opportunities.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never mind that, when are you going to pay Vision USA the $20,000 you owe them for the stuff they sent to you?

Puunui this is better served in private not out in the open of this forum, please use the pm for this matter... Thank you.:asian:

OP
A

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Never mind that, when are you going to pay Vision USA the $20,000 you owe them for the stuff they sent to you?

This issue, being fed to us in drips, just keeps getting juicier. Can we get the whole story in a thread with the appropriate header.