USA vs GBR in the first round...

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, a tough opening fight for TJ for USA against Tazegul:

http://www.gbtaekwondo.co.uk/usrdata/Olympics/-68kg.pdf

I really like TJ (I've become a huge fan since people on here told me who the guy on Sobretaekwondo videos was) but I fancy Tazegul to win his division (saw him at the Europeans and he was on a completely different level!)
TJ and Servet fought at the WC with Servet beating him with a TKO back kick. However, TJ was on par with Servet until that back kick. Plus the back kick hit a little low. They were not using EP systems at the time. I would not have scored the back kick as it seemed low to me. TJ try to tell them that he got hit in the groin but they just counted him out. Should be a good match.

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got tickets for that morning. Just got to make sure I get there really early as the fight's at 9:15...

Our time 10:15 so just after my breakfast. I will stay home and watch everything from net. After this week my 8 weeks summer vacation is over :(

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got tickets for that morning. Just got to make sure I get there really early as the fight's at 9:15...

If it's got the same atmosphere as all the other venues I expect you to come out of there hoarse! All the competitors so far from Andy Murray to the runners have said the crowds have been inspiring them to do great things! So do your bit! :)

OP
andyjeffries

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it's got the same atmosphere as all the other venues I expect you to come out of there hoarse! All the competitors so far from Andy Murray to the runners have said the crowds have been inspiring them to do great things! So do your bit! :)

I'm planning on it! I've got tickets for Wednesday and Friday so I can use Thursday to let my voice recover :)

That said I'm still not sure if I'm going to cheer for Lutalo... I'm still feeling very bitter/petty over the whole Aaron Cook issue...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on it! I've got tickets for Wednesday and Friday so I can use Thursday to let my voice recover :)

That said I'm still not sure if I'm going to cheer for Lutalo... I'm still feeling very bitter/petty over the whole Aaron Cook issue...

He's also been a bit arrogant, I think, in the media in the run up to the Olympics, I think he will have to win gold and nothing else to prove he was the one who should have been picked, if he falls at the first hurdle so to speak it will be unforgivable! I do wonder though what he thinks about this lol!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...on-Cook-featured-in-Olympic-Park-adverts.html

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cook didn't end up getting on the team? Ridiculous.

Pax,

Chris

Big scandal that actually made the main media I'm afraid. The short story is that Cook was left off because he chose to leave the official TKD team training, 3 times the British Olympic Commitee asked the TKD board to reconsider and three times they didn't chose him, the fact that Lutalo Mohammed's coach was on the selction commitee had I'm sure nothing to do with it....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ol...-Aaron-Cook-victim-sports-secret-society.html

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as Sarah isn't having to fight the judges as she had to in the last Olympics.

Latest Discussions