USA Taekwondo Scholarships

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Scholarships | United States High School Taekwondo

The non-profit Taekwondo Advancement Foundation will be awarding scholarships to at least two outstanding Scholar Athletes from the U.S. high school taekwondo community. More info at the above link.

Sponsoring organization: Taekwondo Advancement Foundation – Moving Taekwondo to the next level

Do I read it correctly that you have to join at a cost of $50 for maybe a $500 scholarship? It doesn't seem worthwhile unless a person is already a member.

OP
TrueJim

TrueJim

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Do I read it correctly that you have to join at a cost of $50 for maybe a $500 scholarship? It doesn't seem worthwhile unless a person is already a member.

I don't disagree. That cost does include your membership in USAT though. The organization is legitimate; The TAF is the sponsor of the U.S. National High School Taekwondo League (which includes the High School National Championships in Salt Lake City in July) and the US. Collegiate Taekwondo league. The scholarships are real.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! I'll keep this bookmarked. We've never been able to convince students to shell out to join USAT, when there are plenty of local tournaments that don't require membership to attend. The possibility of a college scholarship might help us on that front.

Latest Discussions