USA Taekwondo Club Registration

Master K

Green Belt
Reaction score
To all the school/club owners out there that teach olympic style TKD, how many have you registered your school or club with USA Taekwondo, and what benefits have you reaped from it?

I look forward to your responses. Thanks in advance.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Benefits are as follow being a club..... seriously they really do not offer much in he way of clubs except for thenetworking that you could pronaly do on your own. Now individuals get to play inside there group and be a part of the movement, now that Rhonda Sweet is gone maybe our grassroot program will do what it was suppose to do and develope the athletes, we just will have to wait ad see. We need to see if they are actually going to call matches the right way across the board and not play the game and thos eof you who do not know certain athletes get he calls because of bad refereing and I mean the type that are fix at major events and do not give every player the right chance at competition.

I do certain tournaments for those wishing but I am a AAU guy the competition is far and they support up and coming athletes.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to register annually when it was the USTU but have not done so since it became the USAT.

The benefit was there was a link from their website to yours, but outside of that, there was not much-I think a sticker identifying us as a USTU club and an inspirational video (the name of which escapes me...featuring the Olympic team and the Gallagher kids)...

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I thought that there was some sort of insurance benefit. Either full liability for your dojang or at least somehow subsidized.

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There insurance is pretty much worthless. Unless every, and I mean every person in your gym is a member it dosnt do anything for you. Even then if someone gets hurt you cant collect. One of my students was hurt at the State Championships a few years back and they never did cover one thing.
I understand the AAUs has some promise but have never checked it out.

I might be wrong, but I thought that there was some sort of insurance benefit. Either full liability for your dojang or at least somehow subsidized.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It does if your club has fifty competitors and then every single member must be a current member.

The A.A.U. insurance is what the USAT needs they cover your competitors, my wife broke her wrist right efore National andshe never had to pay a penny there insureance covered everything from hospital to therapy. I hope one day the USAT will get there.