“Urban Boxing”

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they don't know who you are, they'll have to be nice to everyone.

It's like a civic service.
It won't stop them being horrible people by inconveniencing them, other wise prison would be far more effective, smashing their legs with a baseball bat might work ? But then it's prison for you for kidnap an d gbh, if you get caught,

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
this is like when you get told there are some bullies which beating them up doesn't get rid of them, just incites them to keep coming to fight.

Often times though, fighting the bully and even losing to him, can get the bully to leave you alone....ie by earning his respect and/or him seeing that you're too much trouble.

Restraining order attempt is a option though. Or other legal pathway if you can prove it happened to prevent retaliation or to convince the police you are a target so they watch you etc.

Probably not a good idea if you live in the 'hood. You'll be labeled a "snitch", which invites a ton of other problems from the surroundings. I guess there's nothing close to an exact answer as there's a time to run, a time to fight, a time to carry weapons, etc.

By the way, parkor is just good fitness as well.

Yes, it's excellent until you break limbs and all your front teeth :D I know there are levels to it, but damn, I don't feel safe training that w/o at least a helmet, mouthguard, knees & elbow pads.....then I'd be laugh at and would have to fight these other Parkourers, which defeats my main purpose of training Parkour.

But I know what you mean about breaking up the monotony when you train your chopsocky style(s) for tens of years....that's why I recently started LARPING with foam weapons and nerds.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Could always turn the tables.

Mask up, follow the people of the problem group individually and get them when they're alone.

Leaving someone tied to a tree 100 miles from home might adjust their attitude, especially if they can't identify you...

(I do not condone this action in any way, legal recourse is obviously always the only and best way.)

We carry guns here, legally, and that's just a great way to get shot.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
They probably carry knives then.

And?

I've watched some youtube videos and read a book that mentioned Bruce Lee in passing, so I won't get beaten or killed defending myself against a knife.

D

Deleted member 39746

Probably not a good idea if you live in the 'hood. You'll be labeled a "snitch", which invites a ton of other problems from the surroundings. I guess there's nothing close to an exact answer as there's a time to run, a time to fight, a time to carry weapons, etc.

If its a reoccuring thing, only two things can prevent it, the legal system or their death. Thats the reality of that situation, obviously the former usually doesn't result in you being incarcerated for a very long period of time. :p

Also some places teach you parkor like gymanstics, so they break out mats etc. (its usually places that host gymnastics and open their gym up to anyone) I was looking for a place to learn the breakfalls etc safely. Most people do it by themselves though.

And?

I've watched some youtube videos and read a book that mentioned Bruce Lee in passing, so I won't get beaten or killed defending myself against a knife.

Dont steal my training regime!

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If its a reoccuring thing, only two things can prevent it, the legal system or their death. Thats the reality of that situation, obviously the former usually doesn't result in you being incarcerated for a very long period of time. :p

For me it was joining a street gang and carrying weapons, including guns....when I was a minor though, so nothing really stuck.