Update on Sandanchris!

Discussion in 'Member Announcements' started by Yondanchris, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Yondanchris

Yondanchris Master Black Belt

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Hello Ya'll,

I apologize for not being around as much! I just returned from 2 1/2 weeks of the "vacation from Hell". My wife and I have planned for a vacation to Germany for over a year. The only way we could afford such a trip was the ability to stay with some "friends" who are stationed there (US Army). We where able to get the plane tickets from a bonus my wife received at work.

So finally vacation time arrives and after a long 12 hour flight we arrive in Frankfurt on Sept 16th. Our friends pick us up at the airport (Wife, Daughter 14mo old, and I) and we head to their off base housing. We had a great time in Schweinfurt and did a lot of walking around town. Had a couple of days laying around getting over the "Jet Lag", my daughter only cried the first 2 nights and was great after that.

Here is where the "Fun" begins! It gets to be Friday night of the first week..its around 9PM when our "friend" walks in the living room where we where staying and says "the family and I have decided you can't stay here anymore, you need to get a hotel or a flight home" then immediately goes to her bedroom never to be seen again. Needless to say almost everything in Germany closes by 5PM...no train, no bus, only Taxi's. So I was in a hurry to find some accommodations or change our flight home. After a $150 cell phone call to the airline we where able to change our flight home to Monday at 10AM at the cost of $1000 in flight change fees, that still leaves 3 nights to find a room.

I call numerous hotels and many where booked due to the beginning of Octoberfest that weekend, and many did not take children. Finally with the help of my in-laws (read as out-laws) we where able to stay in their timeshare in Frankfurt ($500 for 3 nights), we still needed transportation from Schweinfurt to Frankfurt (2 hour drive) and the only thing available was a taxi...
    so needless to say we took a taxi that totaled $250 from Schweinfurt to Frankfurt at 11PM that night.

We got home safe and sound after a few delays and a water leak on the plane that detoured us to Chicago. And an additional $1750 in cost to our vacation that we did not have!

We ended up spending the remainder of our vacation between the house and my parents letting them visit with our daughter.

I pray none of you every have a vacation like this or learn from my story! Another martial arts related fiasco will be announced and taken care of in the next few days in relation to my recent promotion!

Enjoy!

Chris

2. Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Wow, that's really horrifying! So sorry to hear that happened to you! What on earth would make a person behave like that? Anyway, glad you're back safe and sound, sorry you had so much trouble!

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

• Supporting Member
    WOW.... i mean wow!!! I ahve no idea what they heck to say there..... what the heck caused that

Glad you and you family made it back ok

4. arnisador

arnisador Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Some friends! That sucks!

5. seasoned

seasoned MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Sorry to hear this Chris. I'm glad that's behind you and your family now.

6. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog MT Senior Moderator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Wow. I'm really sorry to hear about your nightmare, but I'm glad you're all home safe.

7. Tames D

Tames D RECKLESS

• Martial Talk Alumni
    Wow. Sorry you had to go through all that.

8. terryl965

terryl965 <center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR

• Martial Talk Alumni
    WOW why did that happen, do you know?