Update On My New Start

OP
DocWard

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
no that's fine, perceiver , and buy some water wings

if you want to see DISCOMFORT, watch me trying to go into a deep horse stance, I wish it was only pins and needles and not screaming agony

Yeah, no offense, but I think I will take it up with my doctor and a physical therapist.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about the sudden sensation of pins and needles on steroids and tingling and slight numbness radiating down my arm that lasts for up to half an hour?

Then there is still the issue of drowning that concerns me somewhat.
Ah, drowning is demonized by the mainstream media. It's just water's way of getting closer. :p

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, no offense, but I think I will take it up with my doctor and a physical therapist.
yea do that and you'll find yourself doing exercises to improve mobility that causes discomfort,as it's that or surgery and that, it's not a surprise that using full range of motion is unpleasant if it's been years since you have done so,

the original injury will have long since healed , the issue now is lack of circulations and wasted muscles, there's only one thing worse for a joint than moving it and that not moving it

Last edited:
OP
DocWard

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score
yea do that and you'll find yourself doing exercises to improve mobility that causes discomfort,as it's that or surgery and that, it's not a surprise that using full range of motion is unpleasant if it's been years since you have done so,

the original injury will have long since healed , the issue now is lack of circulations and wasted muscles, there's only one thing worse for a joint than moving it and that not moving it

I expect discomfort. I can deal with discomfort. Heck, I can deal with pain. I've dealt with my fair share over the years. If my doctor and a PT say that the sensations I am experiencing now are also normal during rehab, I'll let you know. I have a suspicion they are not. But, heck, what do I know?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I expect discomfort. I can deal with discomfort. Heck, I can deal with pain. I've dealt with my fair share over the years. If my doctor and a PT say that the sensations I am experiencing now are also normal during rehab, I'll let you know. I have a suspicion they are not. But, heck, what do I know?
For most shoulder injuries, swimming is one of the worst things for you.

I’ve been an athletic trainer (sports medicine) going on 18 years now. It’s good at the tail-end of rehab and for maintenance, but IMO that’s about it.

Freestyle, backstroke and butterfly more so than other strokes. Then again, what’s really left?

OP
DocWard

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score

I’ve been an athletic trainer (sports medicine) going on 18 years now. It’s good at the tail-end of rehab and for maintenance, but IMO that’s about it.

Freestyle, backstroke and butterfly more so than other strokes. Then again, what’s really left?

dog paddle?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Breast stroke !