unorthadox techniques

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well most of the 'unorthodox' techniques I have are crossovers from kickboxing, so hook kicks, spinning back kicks (although we use those in muay thai as well), side kicks, and even some axe kicks. I don't like them much. The axe, hook and spinning back kicks don't have nearly enough power for the time they take to pull off, and the side kick is fast, but leaves you in a horrible position afterwards. Bleah.

OP
chris_มวยไทย
Reaction score
Well most of the 'unorthodox' techniques I have are crossovers from kickboxing, so hook kicks, spinning back kicks (although we use those in muay thai as well), side kicks, and even some axe kicks. I don't like them much. The axe, hook and spinning back kicks don't have nearly enough power for the time they take to pull off, and the side kick is fast, but leaves you in a horrible position afterwards. Bleah.

yeah i always hated the side kick , but dont do it so im not fussed :)

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I learned the stepping kick, stepping knee and stepping elbow. These were all used is older styles of muay thai. You don't see them in modern muay thai or especially in the ring. About 11 years ago, a junior student that I trained regularly and myself, did a demonstration of muay thai and we used these techniques just to show off. I have learned the typical spinning, jumping and flying moves in muay thai as well.

Latest Discussions