United Studios of Self Defense and Z-Ultimate - Where have they gone?

FireWalker

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the branch that is in quebec province in canada, called Studios Unis d'auto Défense in french, is still alive in well, thought it did split from villari in 1985 to join cerio's organization so 45 schools and 8000 students in nick cerio's kenpo in canada, so it is certainly not dying everywhere, i started a thread about this, it's being moderated

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
the branch that is in quebec province in canada, called Studios Unis d'auto Défense in french, is still alive in well, thought it did split from villari in 1985 to join cerio's organization so 45 schools and 8000 students in nick cerio's kenpo in canada, so it is certainly not dying everywhere, i started a thread about this, it's being moderated

Really good to hear this. And welcome to MartialTalk, FireWalker, hope you like it. :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread from you. is it on martialtalk, or a different website?

FireWalker

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
it's awaiting moderation right now, in the same forum section than this thread

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, are you guys practicing Kenpo ?
I have in the past, for around 20 years. Stopped recently, but still interested in the history. Introduce yourself on the meet&greet section, so we can get to know you a bit better!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I train American Karate. But I've been in and around Kenpo on a part time basis for a loooooong time.
I liked Nick Cerio, liked his students, too.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't train in anything related to Kempo, but have met some folks who do, and attended seminars. All of which has no bearing on my reasons for being in this thread - I just like talking about martial arts with folks who know stuff about martial arts. I don't really care which art it is.

Latest Discussions