Unfettered Mind.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anybody ever read the book, "The Unfettered Mind." I had brushed through it a few... OK many years back, but just sat down last night and really started to read it. It is quite good. Just like any translation there is a whole section at the beginning of who and why did this translation, but this time it was actually interesting. The intro gave the history of the original writer and a brief overview of what was going on historically at that time period. Best intro to a translation I have ever read.

The meat of the book is amazing in the depth of thought it can stir. A quick peruse through it and it would be an OK book. A slower, contemplative read of the book is quite a journey actually. I look forward to finishing it tonight sometime. It is a short book, but worthy of a spot in the MA section of your personal library.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes! I've read it and I HIGHLY recomend it!!! It's a very good work that has had a profound effect on the Bujutsu/Budo of Japan.....and then some!!

Your Brother
John

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iv'e read it. Its a decent enough book. I don't agree with all the philosophy in it, but I do reccomend it.

I had asked a question about what one of our previous Grandmasters had meant by "Seek the immovable Heart" and that book was reccomended to me as a way to find the answer... and I think it did give me insight.

Latest Discussions