ummm....ok....

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thoughts boys and girls?
I'm getting dizzy just watching this guy...
From a JSA point of view, I see soooo many openings its not funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_NCLtjcr4E&feature=related

I'm not a "sword" person...but this guy.... ROFLMAO. Was that? The "whirling dirvish" method?

Oh...and what does he mean by "Real Sword Work for Practical Use"???

What's practical about it? Perhaps everyone carries a sword where he's from? Maybe he's an immortal and worried about losing his head? It can't be considered "practical" unless it's relevant to every-day "real" life.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice of him to keep turning his back don't you think? :lol:

Someone has seen too much manga I think and has too little concept of what a fool looks like :D.

If you didn't know anything about swordwork his fanciful words might impress but if you do ...

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thoughts boys and girls?
The first thought that popped into my head was "Ken's got way too much spare time!" :)

It always amazes me how many of these "experts" there are on YouTube. Do they really get that much of an ego boost to make it worth their while to post all of these videos? I just can't wrap my head around that sort of thinking.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
He obviously doesn't allow any critical comments on his vids. :)

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The first thought that popped into my head was "Ken's got way too much spare time!" :).
My iaido grading is in 24 hours...I hope this doesn't just pop into my mind half way through my set....

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My iaido grading is in 24 hours...I hope this doesn't just pop into my mind half way through my set....
C'mon Ken, a little bit of twirly goodness would only enhance your chances right? :D How about a little spin move during chiburi?

Seriously, good luck in your testing!

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
C'mon Ken, a little bit of twirly goodness would only enhance your chances right? :D How about a little spin move during chiburi?

Seriously, good luck in your testing!

:asian:

Can you imagine the look on the faces of Kim, David, Ohmi Sensei, Cruise Sensei, if I, or anyone else, did any of this stuff during our grading tomorrow??? No, sorry, not tomorrow... maybe in a few years when i grade for 5th....:)

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Bwahahaha !!!
How about this then ... work out a little spin move to try out on Kim before the grading and ask him if he thinks you should throw it in there. Perfectly straight faced of course! :D

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've been working on my videos for the secret, previously unpublicized Sith Lord sword method. It involves lots of twirling sword technique too, so I know this guy is the real deal, except of course he doesn't appear to know how to block lasers (but then he is talking Zatoichi method not Sith, amiright?!?)

OP
Ken Morgan

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bwahahaha !!!
How about this then ... work out a little spin move to try out on Kim before the grading and ask him if he thinks you should throw it in there. Perfectly straight faced of course! :D

I caved...I just couldn't get myself to do any spins at all during my grading. I'm so sorry....my feet just would not listen to my brain.

I tried very hard to project these thoughts onto others and that failed as well...

In fact for the 60 or so people grading not one did a spin, not one did a jump cut and no one did any yelling....

So sad, so very sad...

But i did pass my grading!!

MCG

White Belt
Reaction score
KenseiSL (1 day ago)
What many people don't get when watching my vids is that nothing I am doing is unnecessary. They don't see the blocks interlaced with the cuts, hence they think I am doing things unnecessary. What looks like twirling is actually an umbrella block, or me swiping away a thrusting blade, or batting aside a high thrust, or stop blocking and counter cutting. In truth, if one is not completely familiar with this way of fighting, they will mis perceive and misunderstand everything. If they look with an eye to criticize and find fault, instead of look deeper and see truth, than they will only see fault and reckless abandon. This is true in all things I think. As I have said before, have an open heart and mind, and you will see things that you could not see before, though you witnessed the very same thing before. (from video guy's profile on youtube)

Little did we know...:duh:

Latest Discussions