Ultimate Fighter 3

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Agreed, being able to do something well doesn't necessarily mean you can teach it well. Teaching is its own skill.

I mainly know Shamrock through his previous WWE work. I don't really know much about Ortiz except what I'm seeing here. Ortiz does seem to be training his team harder than Shamrock is. Shamrock's team didn't seem to be very happy with his training methods, but perhaps this is the only way he knows how to teach. *shrug* I was kind of hoping to see Shamrock's guys do well, or at least have the teams breaking even, but oh well. It's still an interesting show to watch.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was not able to see Thursday viewing, but I just saw the Saturday Viewing, and I got to say way to go Rory.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I was not able to see Thursday viewing, but I just saw the Saturday Viewing, and I got to say way to go Rory.

Agreed. Good Job. :)

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I rushed home last night, thinking that I'd miss the beginning but at least catch the fight, I came through the door, grabbed a beverage, clicked on the tube, just in time to see a bunch of fake bs about some stupid letter and then Noah leaving. Gee I'm glad I didn't miss that. Dana White threw a fit about how they can't have outside contact with the world. Then How in the heck did he get that letter!? It was obviously unimportant. Why even deliver it? It's more than a little fishy. I'm not saying this thing is worked, yet, (some of the picks made me wonder, though) but this was irritating.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marvin said:
I missed it, no fight this week?

You didn't miss much, bro. No fight this week, which sorta sucked. This is my favorite show on TV right now, and I watch it for the fights and the training, not so much the drama. So, with no fight, I was a little disappointed.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Marvin said:
I missed it, no fight this week?

With there not being a fight and very little training shown, even those of us that watched it, missed it.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
You didn't miss much, bro. No fight this week, which sorta sucked. This is my favorite show on TV right now, and I watch it for the fights and the training, not so much the drama. So, with no fight, I was a little disappointed.

If I had watched it, there might have been a fight, Where are there offices?

This is THE Ultimate Fighter 3, Not Real World X or House 4.5 or some other BS.

Dana needs to get his head out of his *** and understand what market he is targting and go after it. Do not go after a market that is nto interested in your product and your sponsors product.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would agree. I don't watch TUF 3 for the drama. Cut it out and show the fighters training and fighting. Who cares about some letter and a guy that wants to go home. Dana needs to wake up.

BallistikMike

Green Belt
Reaction score
And whats funny is if Noah left and a replacement came in without showing all the crap that went on....

The same people crabbing that they shouldn't have the B.S. would be screaming for it and wanting to know why.

There was no fight because someone -Noah left. A replacement needed to be found and then brought back into the "game" takes time.

I will agree... I was dissapointed at having no fight.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BallistikMike said:
And whats funny is if Noah left and a replacement came in without showing all the crap that went on....

The same people crabbing that they shouldn't have the B.S. would be screaming for it and wanting to know why.

There was no fight because someone -Noah left. A replacement needed to be found and then brought back into the "game" takes time.

I will agree... I was dissapointed at having no fight.

I am confused.

I thought Noah had already faught and won.

Why would that effect the existing fight list?

Once you win you are in the Semi Finals.

Did I miss something?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I am confused.

I thought Noah had already faught and won.

Why would that effect the existing fight list?

Because a fighter was eliminated. Saves 'em from having to put on a fight to determine who gets eliminated.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marginal said:
Because a fighter was eliminated. Saves 'em from having to put on a fight to determine who gets eliminated.

I am still confused.

Did Noah already fight or not? Did I just imagine it?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
because he left they have to replace him with ome one and yes he did fight and win so whomever places him will fight in his place

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
I am still confused.

Did Noah already fight or not? Did I just imagine it?

Noah beat the young punk that stabbed his basketball. So Noah had already made it to the semis.

James Patrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
what i don't get is why they have to bring in someone else at all to replace noah. what team will he be on, team shamrocks? that seems kind of stupid.

BallistikMike

Green Belt
Reaction score
No Rich you are not confused he did fight. Yes he did win!!

He then proceeded to quit.

Still confused?

Quitting is the same as losing a fight. So now team "Ortiz" is down a man. Is it a forfiet? Does team "Shamrock" now get to decide who fights?

Not only are they down a man. The are down a semi-finalist. It has the possibilty of being a huge swing as far as teams go.

My point was that if all this had happened and the "Drama" wasn't shown those that were complaining about would be screaming like little school girls what the heck happened.

Kinda a dammed if you do dammed if you dont. I think they did the best they could do with the hand they were dealt...

Try not to be so confused next time.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
BallistikMike said:
My point was that if all this had happened and the "Drama" wasn't shown those that were complaining about would be screaming like little school girls what the heck happened.

They could have shown all of that, and still had a fight. Most of us aren't deperate housewives who enjoy a good survivor episode with our fat free popcorn and white zinfindel. So, although it may not have mattered to you, not having a fight was a little disappointing for some of us.

Latest Discussions