UK noob, a hello to all

StevenNotSeagal

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Steve, I am a new TKD student based in the NW of England but an East Midlander by birth.
I did Judo as a kid and I am by nature a grappler but I have found myself aged 41 with a bit of spare timber to trim and I have decided to start TKD as a more interesting way of shifting it and to my delight the GF has decided to join too.
I have always had an interest in MA and combat sports but a lot of my working life has been spent doing diabolical work patterns so for the last two decades training that way was suspended but I find myself now with a regular/easier schedule and decided "#YOLO , never too old, why the hell not"

I am 6ft6 and not sure how well I will do at TKD but I understand its not a bad option for taller guys and I am in it for the long hall, look forward to chatting about MA with you all.

Steve

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Steve, I am a new TKD student based in the NW of England but an East Midlander by birth.
I did Judo as a kid and I am by nature a grappler but I have found myself aged 41 with a bit of spare timber to trim and I have decided to start TKD as a more interesting way of shifting it and to my delight the GF has decided to join too.
I have always had an interest in MA and combat sports but a lot of my working life has been spent doing diabolical work patterns so for the last two decades training that way was suspended but I find myself now with a regular/easier schedule and decided "#YOLO , never too old, why the hell not"

I am 6ft6 and not sure how well I will do at TKD but I understand its not a bad option for taller guys and I am in it for the long hall, look forward to chatting about MA with you all.

Steve
hi Steve, nice to meet you

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck and remember if taekwondo doesn't work for you doesn't mean you should give up on martial arts if you've got the interest there'll be a style for you. Hopefully it'll be taekwondo for you

OP
S

StevenNotSeagal

White Belt
Reaction score
Many thanks, Yes I am feeling my age at it but will hang in there. Its a good club of souls which is half the battle!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I'm across the Pennines from you.

Latest Discussions