UFC Predictions

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Damian Mavis

Wazzat?

oh man...it's pretty much the WWF of boxing. the boxers seem to be real boxers, and for all i know, the fights are real....the last time i actually saw them fight. most of the show is the fighters "managers" who are scantally clad women with fake boobs running around doing the backstage WWF thing with the scripts and all that...then the other part of the show now is they bring a couple of guys into the ring and have them rap for a while, while a bunch of hoohciemamas dance around them.

the first time i saw it, it was mostly one match...a little banter...then another.

the last time i watched it was maybe a month ago...i watched for about 20 minutes, saw all the rapping and the bad acting, and never did see one actual fight go down.

it's funny...and most of the fights suck. wich is kind of a shame because i think they may actually have some good talent in some of the fighters.

it's all heavyweight though, so figure that out. real entertaining right?

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok ya that definately sounds like something I would NOT enjoy haha. I like my violence seprate from my sex. I don't even like the idea of ring girls. If i want to see sex I'll go see sex, if i'm at a fight I want to see fights. And with no drama! Unless it's real, which it rarely is.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
J

JDenz

lol what a fool can you imgine an event without ring girls. It would be not good. Maybe they should have Ring guys for when the ladies throw down lol. Anyways Ken flips out all the time lately in his interviews. I don't know Ken and Tito almost threw down before after Tito beat Metzger. Lol I think Shammy doesn't know if he is mad or faking it lol.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh I totally think it started real (or maybe not) but now it is definately being scripted at least a bit. Look how many people want to watch just because of this drama. Money is going to flow in. I'd like to know if this one gets higher ratings than all the others.

And ring girls are annoying. Yes I enjoy looking at them but I still cringe inside and feel embarassed for them and myself every time I see them. It's insulting too, makes me feel like an idiot being in a crowd of hooting morons. Times like that I think women are right about men....... we think with our wieners.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
J

JDenz

Lol that is why god us weiners. If he didn't want us to think with them he wouldn't have given them such BIG brains.

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by JDenz

Miller V Weir- tough call I really don't know these fighters all that well. Seen one Weir fight and I seen one Miller fight but I don't remember it. I guess I will take the wrestler Miller (JD)

Matyushenko V Wiuff- Hmm this fight is tough to call. Matyushenko is going up a weight class and Wiuff is a big heavy so I am going to have to pick Wiuff (JD)

Freeman V Arlovski- tough call I like Ian Freeman but Arlovski had a battle with Rizzo. I am going to have to say Arlovski. (1st rd KO) could go wither way.

Lawler V Tiki- Lawler first round ref stoppage. Who's bright Idea was this match?

Spratt V Newton- Newton (2nd rd sub) He is going to take a little damage in this fight but I think his submissions are better then Spratts striking. The only thing I worry about is Newton fighting so soon after the worst loss of his career.

Liddell V Sobral- In the biggest mistake of his career I see Chuck losing a very contrversal descision and missing out on his chance to fight Titto Ortiz. Somehow something bad is going to happen to Chuck and it is a shame because he is the man. I have a real bad feeling about this fight. (Sobral JD)

Hughes V Castillo- Easy call here. Hughes (GnP stoppagr 2nd) Should be a very entertaining match, but I don't see hughes failing here.

Shamrock V Ortiz- Headliner main event. Who you going to call? Ortiz is going to put Ken in a test like he has never had. I feel age is going to catch up with Ken and he is going to lose (JD Ortiz) Ken could come up with a sub, but I don't think so Ortiz can grapple to, and if it goes the distance Ortiz all the way.

I thought overall the event was awesome with more hitting and less hugging. The miller vs weir fight was a highlight. That Miller boys got heart. If he cuts up a bit and works harder on his standup game he could really do well. They would have got a standing ovation if they were more well known. I'm a big fan of Chuck Liddell whose stand up game is as good as anybodies. Hughes was spanking Castillo but the fight shouldn't have been stopped. If it was a title shot it wouldn't have been. Castillo would have still gotten flogged it just should have been a longer flogging.

Tito Ortiz is just awesome. He slapped Ken like a red headed stepchild. Ken has as much guts and heart as anyone I have seen but damn he got messed up. It would also give me great pleasure to see Tito fight Tank 'pea heart' Abbott. More BS from him caling people names and such. I say give Tito a punching bag in an upcoming event. Tank wouldn't have copped 1 round of what Ken Shamrock copped.

Just some thoughts
Cheers
Sammy

OP
J

JDenz

That fight was stopped by the doctors UFC has no control over who the doctors are or what fights they call. The hughes fight will probley be decleared a no contest since the headbutt is what caused the injury to Castillo. It was a good event. The cut didn't look to bad but there had to be something we don't know about.
Quote of the day - Tiki Ya well they stopped it for the cut.
Lol the look on Lawlers face was priceless

Larry Landless was good as well- You ready? You ready? Lets do this ****. Props to Larry for listing to the SHerdog people

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm hoping when Tiki see's the fight on tape after he can at least admit to himself that he was knocked the frik out.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
J

JDenz

I think that he will, I think he knew after Lawler talked that he was wrong. I am sure he was not thinking to good after taking that beating.

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I watched this contest and even listened to the hype of the main event. I actually thought shamrock had a chance to win this thing before the fight. Man was i WRONG!!!

When Tito took ken to the ground an got mount, man i knew it was over. Mr. Shamrock was taken to school. UFC fights have progressed so much further than when Tank and Shamrock were the main events. I used to get bored with the grapplers 8 years ago because they would all do like ken and hug one another. Tito showed the world how far this sport has evolved. The variety of styles in this contest was amazing. Tito was very well rounded. he used some boxing, the Tai boxing clench, (sp) He completely dominated the fight start to finish.

Ken Shamrock may now be the Toughest Man in the World. Much respect to Ken. I fear that this will break the Lion's Den. The leader got his backside handed to him. So i wonder if the followers will keep the faith.

As for Tank, I bet he may not ever want to get back in the Octagon after seeing the caliber of competition that when compared to his heydey. He was heartless then, he is in poorer shape now so give me a break. Become a commentator or start doing some miller light commercials. :D

Best Regards,

JD

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by JDenz

That fight was stopped by the doctors UFC has no control over who the doctors are or what fights they call. The hughes fight will probley be decleared a no contest since the headbutt is what caused the injury to Castillo. It was a good event. The cut didn't look to bad but there had to be something we don't know about.
Quote of the day - Tiki Ya well they stopped it for the cut.
Lol the look on Lawlers face was priceless

Larry Landless was good as well- You ready? You ready? Lets do this ****. Props to Larry for listing to the SHerdog people

I think Tiki should just be thankful the second punch hit the mat and not his head or he would have been carried out of the octagon.

Cheers
Sammy

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by JD_Nelson

I watched this contest and even listened to the hype of the main event. I actually thought shamrock had a chance to win this thing before the fight. Man was i WRONG!!!

When Tito took ken to the ground an got mount, man i knew it was over. Mr. Shamrock was taken to school. UFC fights have progressed so much further than when Tank and Shamrock were the main events. I used to get bored with the grapplers 8 years ago because they would all do like ken and hug one another. Tito showed the world how far this sport has evolved. The variety of styles in this contest was amazing. Tito was very well rounded. he used some boxing, the Tai boxing clench, (sp) He completely dominated the fight start to finish.

Ken Shamrock may now be the Toughest Man in the World. Much respect to Ken. I fear that this will break the Lion's Den. The leader got his backside handed to him. So i wonder if the followers will keep the faith.

As for Tank, I bet he may not ever want to get back in the Octagon after seeing the caliber of competition that when compared to his heydey. He was heartless then, he is in poorer shape now so give me a break. Become a commentator or start doing some miller light commercials. :D

Best Regards,

JD

The fight was stopped but if it wasn't a championship fight and the guys weren't so well known my prediction would have been right on the money (Tito, TKO inside 2 rounds).

I really feel The lions den died when Ken went and mixed it up with Hulk Hogan and the likes. I haven't heard anything about a good Lions Den fighter since Jerry Bolander. What ever happened to him, he was one of my favs in the early days?

Cheers
Sammy

OP
J

JDenz

Ken hasn't been with Lions Den for a while he sold it while he was training for WWF. Metzger and Pete Williams are still pretty damn good.

Latest Discussions