UFC: Kimbo Slice signs joins the UFC via the Ultimate FIghter 10

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Definitely not a Slice fan. But hey should be in for an interesting show. It's probably a good move, but could just as easily turn disastrous for Slice as well.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am curious to see who will pick him.....Rampage or Rashad.

I think Rampage will pcik him but I don't think that Rampage's camp is the best for Kimbo. After seeing Rampage in his last fight and Kongo is his last fight I have some concerns about how they train their fighters.

I would like to see Rashad pick him. I think with Rashad's knowledge of the ground mixed in with striking trainers of Greg Jackson's school, that would be the best combination.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Bas Rutten actually dropped him right before the pettruzelli fight because kimbo wouldn't stop drinking, smoking, and wouldn't train any ground work.

Apparantly Wes Sims snuck an ipod with wifi into the TUF house and already leaked the results.

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I myself, am also not a Kimbo fan. I'm actually hoping that Kimbo loses his ***, and is humiliated, to the point of never showing his face in the MMA world again. He can join the VH1 celebrity hall of shame because that's where people go as a last resort.

He'll be there sooner or later.

I was very disappointed to learn that there would be no elimination rounds in this season. However, its starting to make sense to me. This is about Kimbo earning his shot. And for the rest of the fighters there it increases their difficulty, because its just not eight people to go through. That means more fights, and more viewers.

Rashad will pick Kimbo. I don't see Rampage, and Kimbo getting along too well. Rampage could end Kimbo's career before he even makes it out of the house. Rashad is more likely to give him a pass because he was Kimbo when he lost his light heavyweight title.

As far as Kimbo's drinking and smoking habits. He'll have to quit. If he wants a serious ground game, an awesome boxing coach, and the conditioning it takes in order to win TUF, and actually stay in the UFC. Dana wants to be the one to make an example out of Kimbo, and throw his *** off the show. There better be none of that Junie Browning kick his *** first bull **** going on either.

Kimbo has the biggest target on him because everybody is going to say he doesn't have the heart, the brains, or the skill necessary to win TUF. Everybody will want to fight him, and knock him out. The person who does will be the hero of the house, and be envied.

Of course Dana really wants to be the one to throw him off of the show.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kimbo is nothing more than a backyard fightin, street thug. I liked watching his street fights on the internet, but he's no martial artist. Kind of a slap in the face to the true martial artist who have spent their lives training and begging for a spot or chance. I had hoped after his last big loss on EliteXC he would never return to MMA. All hype, no stamina. sorry, I'm not a fan either.
But hey, he is a marketing tool.... why not use him.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh... and i can guarantee he will make it into the house. did you see the last group of loosers that got in. Team USA only had a few that were worthy, demarcus, ritchie, and frank, the rest should have never been thought of. Team UK deserved to be there. But Team USA overall sucked.

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kimbo is nothing more than a backyard fightin, street thug. I liked watching his street fights on the internet, but he's no martial artist. Kind of a slap in the face to the true martial artist who have spent their lives training and begging for a spot or chance. I had hoped after his last big loss on EliteXC he would never return to MMA. All hype, no stamina. sorry, I'm not a fan either.
But hey, he is a marketing tool.... why not use him.

I don't think that is called for. I don't consider it an insult to my training at all that Kimbo has gotten a chance with the UFC. Like it or not, he has a lot of real world experience with fighting. I give Kimo some credit for not taking the easy route in boxing or going to Japan, where he could have made good money fighting tomato cans.

He swallowed a lot of ego to take the TUF route, with no guarantee that he will get anywhere from that. How many people here would do that?

Probably not as many as you think.

I'm not a huge fan, but I respect him for trying to turn his life around.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kimbo obviously is not a martial artist but a streetfighter. However he wishes to take MMA seriously. He has only fought 4 matches and if he gets serious about his training he could be a hard striker. The problems with Kimbo is he is a little past his prime to become a newbie in the game and going up against more experienced fighters who know the game and who have better striking combonations,better grappling and know how to work the Octogon to their advantage. Slice is a power slugger his type of power would do better in boxing ring then in a MMA setting. But if he really trains his groundwork,works on polishing his standup he get more experience he might do ok.

Latest Discussions