UFC 216

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
370 k plus he's got a good amount of money coming in from other stuff he does and money he's saved from prior fights so he's not desperate for money he's said in the past money isn't a huge motivator for him

Wonder how much of that he nets after expenses and taxes. Just curious.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wonder how much of that he nets after expenses and taxes. Just curious.
Considering who he is, what he does and how he has done it, he could be pulling millions per fight like some others do, but he is fighting in a very weak division, dominating all of his opponents as if they were children. Ultimately you're only as good as the competition you've beaten in a sports environment.

When's the last time MM fought someone that we weren't sure he'd beat?

The Vegas odds had him at -1200 for this one. Those aren't competitive odds.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
But I wonder what % the fighter ends up with in the end after paying taxes, agent, and training expenses.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Considering who he is, what he does and how he has done it, he could be pulling millions per fight like some others do, but he is fighting in a very weak division, dominating all of his opponents as if they were children. Ultimately you're only as good as the competition you've beaten in a sports environment.

When's the last time MM fought someone that we weren't sure he'd beat?

The Vegas odds had him at -1200 for this one. Those aren't competitive odds.
It will be interesting how he looks against dilleshaw or someone else from the bantamweight division.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not disputing that. He is unbelievable but for what ever reason. It is not translating to big numbers and there isn't anyone in that division to generate a big fight.

Who can come down to that weight and make a big fight?

And like Steve said i bet that it won't be too long before he starts looking to get paid and some big money fights. You only have so long to make your money.

I dunno I think wins over Alvarez, Diaz, Aldo, and Holloway are impressive.

GOAT.....no, but much more than just hype. Dude is talented and a helluva fighter.
Diaz isn't impressive at all his biggest win was mcgregor before that fight he was basically at journeyman status

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Diaz isn't impressive at all his biggest win was mcgregor before that fight he was basically at journeyman status

He might be a journeyman but Diaz is tough as nails and is not a bad loss and he is a good win.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Have to say as well fair play to Walt Harris stepping up on 4 hours notice to fight werdum. Yeah he lost quick but hey he took the chance respect for that

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have to say as well fair play to Walt Harris stepping up on 4 hours notice to fight werdum. Yeah he lost quick but hey he took the chance respect for that

Agree. Should be rewarded by UFC and Dana.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
We will agree to disagree about McGregor then. I think he is a helluva fighter.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Why would they let a guy with a visible staph infection fight? That still doesn’t compute.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Why would they let a guy with a visible staph infection fight? That still doesn’t compute.
Lee hide it, he only disclosed it after the fight because he afraid his fight would be scrapped.
And thank god it was the last fight, i can't imagine if it was the first fight, and the fighters who used the cage didn't shower properly afterward.

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lee hide it, he only disclosed it after the fight because he afraid his fight would be scrapped.
And thank god it was the last fight, i can't imagine if it was the first fight, and the fighters who used the cage didn't shower properly afterward.

Hid it? It was clearly visible. Rogan was commenting on it during the fight.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hid it? It was clearly visible. Rogan was commenting on it during the fight.
Well in the fight he couldn't, but in an post fight interview he said he tried to hide it pre fight from ufc doctor.
With hoping that in fight, the doctor would have had difficulties stopping the fight to inspect, like exactly what happened.
Also when watching we might only speculate, because it might just a result of past staph infection that had been healed (just look at lawal).

Latest Discussions