UFC 214

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK obviously we have different opinions of what "to do something'' means. I think he did enough (as you mentioned Maia's face at the end) and you think he should have followed in guard to grapple and elbow him.
I asked your opinion on what is timidity in wider context. Did Werdum showed timidity against Overeem in Strikeforce fight? Was Daniel Aguiar timid against Tommer? Yuichiro Nagashima vs Shinya Aoki? What about Clay Guida vs Maynard?
No he should've finished him on the feet which he easily could've done but chose not to he'd rather stand there and dance like an idiot and the strategy cost him eventually (loved watching weidman put him down for that bs)

nordin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No he should've finished him on the feet which he easily could've done but chose not to he'd rather stand there and dance like an idiot and the strategy cost him eventually (loved watching weidman put him down for that bs)
Finish standing while Maia falls immediately down when caught?
Look I understand- you didn't like Silvas approach. We just disagree and that's ok.
Still it would be interesting to hear your opinion on the timidity rule in some other cases (like examples I just mentioned).

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Also have to say Maia and Woodley was the worst fight I've ever seen. I'm all for tactical battles but that was a joke. Maia obviously didnt have the skills to do anything on his feet that's what happens when you rely purely on Jiu Jitsu and Woodley was to scared to engage. It's the second time in a row he's fought like that
Yep and Woodley thinks he's the best welterweight of all time...lol I'd even pick matt Hughes to beat him

Latest Discussions