UFC 100 Weigh in results

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
07-11-2009 01:50 AM:The weigh ins for the historic UFC 100 is in the books and it looks like almost every single fighter is in the shape of his life.

More...
MMA Ring Report
The hardest hitting news from the hardest hitting sport.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
07-11-2009 01:50 AM:The weigh ins for the historic UFC 100 is in the books and it looks like almost every single fighter is in the shape of his life.

More...
MMA Ring Report
The hardest hitting news from the hardest hitting sport.

Main Event – UFC Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar (265) vs Frank Mir (245)

I do not believe that Brock is 265 now nor for his last fight either. I think he is more. I wonder if he is dropping so much weight than going to the hospital to get re-hydrated and putting the weight back on.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I can easily see the "bloated toad" (hardcore gym term that fits Lesnar perfectly) making weight at 265. Compared to either a bodybuilder or fighter trying to make weight, it's not that big of a drop. Other than being 3'' taller than I am, he and I are pretty close in size (I'm a bit wider through the shoulders and quite a bit leaner though).

After seeing interviews with Lesnar, I really do hope that Mir takes him out again. I was rooting for Mir before this because he was the technically superior fighter, but Lesnar really is an annoying twit. Maybe because I am near his size and a LOT stronger than Lesnar (going by his max lifts posted on the internet which I beat by over 100 lbs on each main powerlift), it's hard for me to respect someone being a champion on this basis. I have to give Lesnar credit for his wrestling skill, but he seems to mostly dominate by superior size and power. After seing the interview, it became much harder to respect the man. Maybe he's acting this way on purpose to play a role to try to sell more tickets. Just like Ali (or even Frank Shamrock) would do to make people want to pay to see him lose. This is a very common tactic in "pro wrasslin" (I have my own anme for it to distinguish it from a sport I respect). so I hope he's not really that much of a jerk in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions