K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No the UK is not more violent than the US. it's more nonsense. Both sections of the gun control argument should confine their arguments to the US, other countries laws, customs and preferences aren't the same and shouldn't be compared to the US. I don't think citing an early 20th century German law has anything to do with anything that is happening now. should we start quoting mediaeval laws now to make points?
There's no doubt we have violent crime in the UK, I think the only country in the world that may not is Bhutan. We've just had a General election to elect the next government, nowhere did the subject of guns come up, no one campaigned to have lax gun laws, I don't think it was even mentioned, it's another non subject here as it is in many places in Europe. I know that's hard for Americans to understand, we aren't sheep, trust me, watch over the next few weeks, our 'new' government is not a popular one but on the subject of gun ownership we simply don't care about having them.
You can find your own figures for murders in the US and the comparisons.

Murders in the UK

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know that's hard for Americans to understand, we aren't sheep, trust me, watch over the next few weeks, our 'new' government is not a popular one but on the subject of gun ownership we simply don't care about having them.
So you can be content with your knives and blades.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Photonguy, as politics aren't appropriate on this forum, can you please explain what kind of a discussion you're hoping for? I am not sure I understand how this can avoid being political. Maybe if you can very clearly outline the non-political discussion you're hoping for, it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.